How to tuck your C/A in Warrior pants?

Nohtaram

Question as in title.
I have Warrior X Pro pants and want to try tuck my new chest instead of wear it over as I was doing with previus one.

My issue is with this flap in front of the pants. If I put it in front of C/A it gets tricky to tie pants to chest properly. If I put it inside it's not comfortable.
I was thinking about remove it completely but its sewn in so I would need to cut it.

How do you guys tuck your chest to Warrior pants? Especialy with 2X Pro C/A if anyone here have that combo.

image.png.90f17a6bad1a9ece8032960029ebfad8.png

• Nohtaram changed the title to How to tuck your C/A in Warrior pants?

Im a gear dummy here but you have to make sure your chesty fits tight to the body as well to tuck kinda like if your an athletic fit in dress clothes and you wear a average or portly shirt and try to stuff it into your athletic fit suit or dress pants. I sold mens dress wear through college and even part time for years til people stopped dressing up for work. Damn you dockers!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just thought of this as I got the same pants have you though of removing the internal belt cause I removed mine for extra comfort cause im short and Dumpy you might do better tucking with removing the internal belt cause that bit in the front is protective. 

@Dumpy That's what I wrote. I remove inner belt before I try tuck C/A inside the pants so it wasn't an issue.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with how Warrior pants are build but the front triangle shaped flap I marked in red cirlce in initial post is saw in to the pants. I stays there even after removing internal belt.

Because of that part I can't tie the chest unit comfotably to the pants and that's I asked for anyone who actually uses Warrior pants and tuck their C/A into them. Especially if they are using Warrior/Bauer 2X combo.

3 minutes ago, Nohtaram said:

@Dumpy That's what I wrote. I remove inner belt before I try tuck C/A inside the pants so it wasn't an issue.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with how Warrior pants are build but the front triangle shaped flap I marked in red cirlce in initial post is saw in to the pants. I stays there even after removing internal belt.

Because of that part I can't tie the chest unit comfotably to the pants and that's I asked for anyone who actually uses Warrior pants and tuck their C/A into them. Especially if they are using Warrior/Bauer 2X combo.

Aha! Somehow I misread my bad. I got those pants. I tuck fine, but my chesty is form fitting and no breaks in the seams like on a chesty made to be worn outside but that flap could be removed and youd have more room. Having the body break too close to the waist would make it pop out. Depends on how high your kidney protection rides up over your chesty. Just save that bit for resale or if you find removing it aint helping. Sorry about the misunderstanding 

I tuck with X pro and GT pro and now X Pro with Brown. I've posted some photos here too but don't remember where here.

I use the internal belt quite tight with flap as normally it is and no suspenders needed either. I also have Warrior Pro jock that the flap and belt go around and over. It might be a problematic if the jock is pushed off position but for me this setup is working.

What I did to the pants was release the flap from the lacing in front of it and tuck the C/A to that gap. Plenty of room and stays there with comfort. I have rubber cords in front and back to attach to C/A to be like suspenders and take the weight away from the internal belt. Half a year now and couldn't be happier.

Nohtaram, l had the same issue as you with that flap. My solution was to undo the lacing from the webbing tabs on the front of the flap and add 2 new webbing loops to the top of the flap and feed the top of the lacing through these new webbing tabs. I also tucked the flap in front of the internal padding so it no longer interferes with my C/A. Note I don’t use the internal belt.

952FED5D-4D95-4CEE-8495-5A2B89422DAF.jpeg

5966D684-53DD-4867-9124-5DA404B95E93.jpeg

3EADD42A-3B37-440F-A714-6E537B4B83C2.jpeg

• Like 2

Here’s how I attach my C/A. I added 2 buckles to the front inside waist of the pants and a webbing loop to the back. I have buckles on the front of the C/A that attach to the buckles inside the pants and an elastic webbing strap on the back of the C/A that attaches through the webbing loop on the back of the pants. Works really well. No issues at all.

F8713DB3-75C9-4A02-A7B5-9A873E5E24F2.jpeg

7B7CAECF-1066-4D7E-825A-5F1B5EAE15E9.jpeg

166CF63D-8AFA-46AD-AC3B-210E66408637.jpeg

0885DA37-E91A-477D-AFEB-B93ED88E403A.jpeg

3370640F-D557-4223-932C-FE6210E2F77F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Ross your solution should work. On older version this flap looks little bit different but I easly shouldbe able to add two additional loops on top.
Not sure if I want to add plastic bucles to pants and C/A as Bauer 2x Pro don't have those loops at the front but this should work fine with suspenders as well.

IMG_20200724_092237.jpg

• 8 months later...

So @Nohtaram what's your solution? I came here to ask exactly the same. It's only the flap that is interfering. I also have the older Ritual pants like you. Using the inner belt. I feel like I would need to remove the inner belt, but then I should use suspenders to keep my pants up. And I'm not a big fan of suspenders over a chestie (I used suspenders before, when I wore my chestie over the pants instead of inside, and I had the suspenders under my chestie).

What C/A you are using? I use my chesty as suspenders at the same time with shockcord on front and back to give the elasticity needed. Not exactly the same way as Ross but close.

I'll take some new pictures of my setup tomorrow when I go to my storage again, just tempted to wear my gear once again since november....

Edited by ArdeFIN

Here we go. Dang it felt good to wear those pants and Brown after long time. The Brown felt heavier than I remembered but then again I had a college as underwear. 😅

And the pants fit like a charm. I just like these X2 pro from Warrior.

So the first picture for the topic, the front flap completely unlaced. There is a slice of elastic material at the bottom holding it on place and the inner belt ofcourse.

IMG_20210407_185605_8x6.jpg.0a29ac6bfd5cd2bd0f7ba420d3f713d5.jpg

Then me inside the pants, inner belt tight, and the shock cord pulled outwards. There is a nylon strap loop on them to give better durability. Outer belt and lacing loose as possible. Yes, I am mostly skin and bone. Shock cord is 4mm and looped to make it four times. That is the elasticity I want and is enough to keep the pants up nicely. 

IMG_20210407_184407_6x8.thumb.jpg.e2009e6d09e89e90b1d8dd74b50edf0b.jpg

Different angle to try and show the Brown C/A fitted in and the shock cord attached to carabiner. Stainless one here. Would be better if it was a bit covered but for low level beer league games this has worked out. There seems to be plenty of room but I'm not wearing jock (Warrior X pro) which lifts the belly flap out. Still I have a lot of room when fully geared, but once again I'm nearly without belly.

IMG_20210407_184608_8x6.jpg.3eeed7e266d50be18a6b6f0b82442f0f.jpg

On the back of the C/A I have same kind of shock cord strapping and carabiner. That attaches to the pants nylon lace loop which is simply around the spine protector.

Inside the protector, yes because this way the back of the pants are free to move and won't be caught by the C/A. And also this setup allows excellent body rotation too as pants stay where they should and C/A can follow my shoulders freely.

IMG_20210407_185544_8x6.jpg.ea25d74882354d6492383dbec6556a30.jpg

While I'm using Warriors and have the R/GT C/A too still, there is no reason why this setup wouldn't work with any other brand or mixed setups. And the suspender part could be implemented to non-tuck style too. The front shock cord just ties inside the C/A

I have to say that I might do some upgrades and updates but this is probably the wearing setup I will use for my games as long as they last.  

Ask and comment freely.

@kippewit You need to use one of solutions above. I get back to C/A untucked as I never get used to suspenders and akward feeling of how unit works being inside of a pants. I removed belly extenders from 2x C/A to limit overlap over the pants and wirdly that helps with chesty being stuck on pants where kidney protection is.

• 1 month later...

Thanks @ArdeFIN for your detailed pictures. What I did now was:

- remove the inner belt
- tie the laces from the pants to the loop on the chesty (I like you solution though! Much faster than pulling the lace through the loop every time)
- suspender over the chestie

Have played like this for a few weeks now and I like it much better than untucked. Feels closer to my body and I feel like I'm much more mobile.

• Like 1

When I started as a goalie about 2 years ago I used the suspenders over my chesty but once I figured this setup I've never looked back to suspenders. The freedom without them is just so amazing.

I could try the setup without inner belt also, I don't know how much it actually does but keeps the pants somewhat on place. Maybe it would be even more mobile without the belt. Think I'll give it a try when we get back on ice some day.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:26 PM, Nohtaram said:

Question as in title.
I have Warrior X Pro pants and want to try tuck my new chest instead of wear it over as I was doing with previus one.

My issue is with this flap in front of the pants. If I put it in front of C/A it gets tricky to tie pants to chest properly. If I put it inside it's not comfortable.
I was thinking about remove it completely but its sewn in so I would need to cut it.

How do you guys tuck your chest to Warrior pants? Especialy with 2X Pro C/A if anyone here have that combo.

image.png.90f17a6bad1a9ece8032960029ebfad8.png

I had those same exact pants. Remove the flap and the inner belt should be fine. IIRC you can easily remove that flap. I always that that flap out of my pants since I tuck my chesties and use suspenders. I’d send photos but I gave mine to a local kid here who needed new pants.