Bauer cowlings

daffy

These were taken off of my Bauer Reactor 6000s.  I bought them from Dukes.  They said the skates were Victor Fasth pro returns.  The boots are working out great, but hated the 3mm blade.  I bought a new set of Vaughn cowlings from Bunnyman and have 4mm stepsteel on them.  Night and day difference.  Anyway, perhaps when buying full skates (boot and cowling) Bauer puts the foam in them.

11 hours ago, daffy said:

These were taken off of my Bauer Reactor 6000s.  I bought them from Dukes.  They said the skates were Victor Fasth pro returns.  The boots are working out great, but hated the 3mm blade.  I bought a new set of Vaughn cowlings from Bunnyman and have 4mm stepsteel on them.  Night and day difference.  Anyway, perhaps when buying full skates (boot and cowling) Bauer puts the foam in them.

That is most likely the case.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Goalline said:

Sorry to get a little off-topic here, but can you please explain what it was about the 3MM vs. 4MM that didnt work for you, and what type of style you play?  Curious, as i'm considering making the switch soon.  

@Goalline - thanks for joining 

3mm is designed to serve 2 purposes:

1. Reduce weight 

2. Bite the ice the easier. It's thinner, therefor it should catch easier 

Many people don't like the 3mm because it's often difficult to get a good sharpening, the radius changes with the thinner steel, and they're perceived to not hold an edge as long or as well. 

Archived