C&A blocker arm padding issue

Aubie

I'm wondering if any other goalies have this issue. I consistently get stingers on my forearms on my blocker arm, and I'm not sure why this is happening. It happens when I make a "chicken wing" save, sticking out my elbow to make a save. It feels like the puck is hitting flesh and bone, but I don't see a gap in padding. I've got a knot on my forearm that has lasted several weeks. 

If any of you have had this issue, what type of mods have you made to increase blocker arm protection?

**Separate but related thought - It seems like padding for blocker arms should be different than glove arm, as positioning is very different. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Aubie said:

I'm wondering if any other goalies have this issue. I consistently get stingers on my forearms on my blocker arm, and I'm not sure why this is happening. It happens when I make a "chicken wing" save, sticking out my elbow to make a save. It feels like the puck is hitting flesh and bone, but I don't see a gap in padding. I've got a knot on my forearm that has lasted several weeks. 

If any of you have had this issue, what type of mods have you made to increase blocker arm protection?

**Separate but related thought - It seems like padding for blocker arms should be different than glove arm, as positioning is very different. Thoughts?

IMO there is a strong chance the foam in your arms (and probably the rest of the unit) has compressed from impact/sweat/use and is due for a replacement.

Look for a used but fresh C/A, it's an investment for your enjoyment. For your level I'd say you don't need a pro level unit, but it's possible that you can find a used unit for same or lower price as those cheaper level things are new. And in good or pro level gear of these days you always have some value left when you decide it's time to retire.

I've invested a lot more than I thought I would ever do and it's really paying me back now with enjoying being a goalie and be safe as possible. 

Archived