Bauer Custom Goal Gear 2021 catalogue

Snowman30

Interesting that now they offer 1x blocker for custom order, wish they offered the 580 glove too.

Custom skates, am not impressed what they went to interms of the 3 different fits. My custom Bauer skates are 4e wide and have a wide width heel. Right now Bauer doesn't seem to offer that anymore. There custom skate program seems to have downsized alot in the last few years.

8 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Custom skates, am not impressed what they went to interms of the 3 different fits. My custom Bauer skates are 4e wide and have a wide width heel. Right now Bauer doesn't seem to offer that anymore. There custom skate program seems to have downsized alot in the last few years.

Can't really make out what the differences in the 3 fits are, seems like there are 2 stock width options and one EE? What's the real difference between them? I agree that the custom program looks like its taken a step backwards

10 hours ago, dretti33 said:

Can't really make out what the differences in the 3 fits are, seems like there are 2 stock width options and one EE? What's the real difference between them? I agree that the custom program looks like its taken a step backwards

Updated the pictures to show the fits and also show the color accents you can do now, but yes from what is listed it really seems like a step backwards for there custom program. I was reading up on the review on the hockey shop and it sounds like there is still the possibility of a custom skate built to your foot scan. 

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/bauer-pro-goal-skates-review

I love my custom Total one/NXG skates and I bought a pair of pro return Trues 2 piece to try out, but am still leaning towards my last custom pair of skates and I want to go with to Bauer as they fit my 4e feet great and I have had zero issues with Bauers custom program.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Updated the pictures to show the fits and also show the color accents you can do now, but yes from what is listed it really seems like a step backwards for there custom program. I was reading up on the review on the hockey shop and it sounds like there is still the possibility of a custom skate built to your foot scan. 

Thanks for the updated pics! Looks like Bauer is bringing the same player skate fit system as the vapor, supreme and nexus to the goalie skates. I do like this direction that they are going in, as I always liked the performance of the supreme skate but the fit of the vapor line. The only reason I got the vapors recently.

Hopefully by the time I need new skates, their custom program with the scanning tool is up and running. Wish I was able to get a pair of the original VH skates prior to being bought out by True. 

• 2 weeks later...

My boys are skaters, not goalies, and I just bought new skates for them. This is what I was told...

So the fits are basically whatever shape your foot is. This way you can now get both the Supreme and the Vapor in the same fit. In the past the Vapors were narrow, Supreme was the middle and Nexus was the wider skate.

They eliminated the Nexus.

You can get the three fits across the board regardless of the model. Now the model differences are just the features for the line.

My kids are both Fit 2. They always wore the Supremes as it was what fit them right. The Vapors were rad looking to them but they could never get them. Until now.

23 hours ago, MTH said:

My boys are skaters, not goalies, and I just bought new skates for them. This is what I was told...

So the fits are basically whatever shape your foot is. This way you can now get both the Supreme and the Vapor in the same fit. In the past the Vapors were narrow, Supreme was the middle and Nexus was the wider skate.

They eliminated the Nexus.

You can get the three fits across the board regardless of the model. Now the model differences are just the features for the line.

My kids are both Fit 2. They always wore the Supremes as it was what fit them right. The Vapors were rad looking to them but they could never get them. Until now.

The saddest thing is that there are so many times that it was Vapor graphics on a Supreme or Nexus fit for the pros. The Vapor was always a good looking skate. As a forward, the only skate that fit okay in Bauer was a Nexus, save for the heel. I was measured up for a skate and I would have had a Nexus forefoot with a Supreme mid foot and a Vapor heel. But then the guy at the hockey store pulled out a Reebok 14K Pump skate and it was perfect. Maybe the new 3 fit system will work great; Graf actually had different lines for different types of feet a few years back. 

My boys had many seasons wearing the pump skates. The Reebok skates had that lace lock about 3/4 the way up the skate so you could have them tight at the bottom and looser at the top. Tied those skates twice a day every day for years....

• 1 month later...