Hot Pink as a custom option?

tubby34

Hey fellas,

Looking at getting pink pads made. Would really like a super hot pink, not the faded / baby girl pink. Would match a few of my teams jerseys and be super distinctive.

What companies have pink? I saw JRZ has "Techno Pink" which is robo weave but their blockers have bindings on it and not really a fan of "robo weave".

Really wanted Warriors but pink isn't an option. Don't want to try bauer as I've seen what their pads do over time.

Ideally I'd like to have ordered Warriors with a double external break and a toe bridge like their g4's have. I love their strapping system and want to replicate that if I can as it works for me both on the Ice and Roller. Only thing that changes for me is the skates.

Any suggestions?

Neon pink is tough to source. I remember trying to get that on the inside of my T on a glove as one part of bunnyman spec on my trappers. I get *just* the inside of the T facing the shooter with the skate lace matching the T. It acts as a beacon and more often than not, they will seemingly aim for that part of the glove. Padwraps/Padskinz may have that colour, but normally I only see baby/pastel offered for breast cancer awareness month. I know this is a dead end. Sorry.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Neon pink is tough to source. I remember trying to get that on the inside of my T on a glove as one part of bunnyman spec on my trappers. I get *just* the inside of the T facing the shooter with the skate lace matching the T. It acts as a beacon and more often than not, they will seemingly aim for that part of the glove. Padwraps/Padskinz may have that colour, but normally I only see baby/pastel offered for breast cancer awareness month. I know this is a dead end. Sorry.

No that's ok. It gives me a little bit of insight as to what to expect from pad manufacturers. I saw Vaughn has a pink option but I can't tell how pink or light pink it is. Comparing Jimmy Howards Breast Cancer Awareness sets doesn't help. He had one with hot pink, and another with light pink.

7 minutes ago, tubby34 said:

No that's ok. It gives me a little bit of insight as to what to expect from pad manufacturers. I saw Vaughn has a pink option but I can't tell how pink or light pink it is. Comparing Jimmy Howards Breast Cancer Awareness sets doesn't help. He had one with hot pink, and another with light pink.

It can’t be that scarce as I have seen both hot and pale on footballer’s boots. I believe they do use Jenpro (or similar material) on the uppers.

@tubby34 I do have a slightly less conventional, labour-heavy idea. This isn’t perfect, but here goes: Angelus leather paint. You would want to use an airbrush applying fine, thin coats. You will need to use Angelus’ products and follow instructions to the letter. This will take a LOT of work. I regularly use this product (watered down) on pre-treated Jenpro to fill in scuffs on my pads, on shoes, and other items. It is extremely durable material as it is made expressly for shoes, likely the most scuffed on item we wear. If you were to go this route, you want to paint it over pale pink or white. Is this ideal? No. But this is the only leather paint tough enough for shoes. 

Took a look at Passau’s website. Unless they can get the pink on special order, the only thing you could be left with is a JRZ blocker in pink robocop with bindings. You would think that something like Pink Panther pink would be greatly popular; it is a super cool colour, after all. But Passau may have some hidden away. You never know. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

Edited by bunnyman666

On 8/4/2021 at 6:58 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Took a look at Passau’s website. Unless they can get the pink on special order, the only thing you could be left with is a JRZ blocker in pink robocop with bindings. You would think that something like Pink Panther pink would be greatly popular; it is a super cool colour, after all. But Passau may have some hidden away. You never know. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

Thats the route I'm going to probably have to take. I do like Vaughns offerings right now too though. I guess I played w their customizer too much.  A phone call is in order soon, reached out to pure hockey and they said shoot em a email. Nothing back yet. 

51 minutes ago, tubby34 said:

Thats the route I'm going to probably have to take. I do like Vaughns offerings right now too though. I guess I played w their customizer too much.  A phone call is in order soon, reached out to pure hockey and they said shoot em a email. Nothing back yet. 

Phone calls can net more. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, chile57 said:

I know there was talk of Vaughn's pink - stumbled across this if its helpful...

https://www.instagram.com/vaughncustomsports/

Should be in the first batch of photos after clicking "more photos" if the photo didn't work.

vaughn_pink.JPG

That set is from one of the new Leafs signings G/f. Was a picture of her wearing it. She's a model. I was more interested in the gear

• 2 months later...