Pants - Warrior X2 Pro vs Bauer 2X Pro

Felix

For me as a athletic and like to slide much goalie what would I prefer? I can't try out pants because I live too far to a city or hockey store. I am (181 cm) now wearing reebok 9k large pants very low and loose, untucked, no suspenders, flap out chesty.

Edited by Felix

23 minutes ago, Felix said:

For me as a athletic and like to slide much goalie what would I prefer? I can't try out pants because I live too far to a city or hockey store. I am (181 cm) now wearing reebok 9k large pants very low and loose, untucked, no suspenders, flap out chesty.

I'm about your height, wearing a Warrior X2 Senior, size Large; I wear mine fairly high, about as tight as I can, no suspenders with an untucked chesty. They're great pants for a mobile goalie, and the inner belt is excellent if you don't wear suspenders; I've never felt like they interfered with my movements or interacted poorly with my pads.

No experience with Bauer goalie pants.

8 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Don’t know the Bauer breezers, but wear the Warrior. The inseam is tapered near the knee so your pads don’t hang up on them. I love my Warrior breezers.

8 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I'm about your height, wearing a Warrior X2 Senior, size Large; I wear mine fairly high, about as tight as I can, no suspenders with an untucked chesty. They're great pants for a mobile goalie, and the inner belt is excellent if you don't wear suspenders; I've never felt like they interfered with my movements or interacted poorly with my pads.

No experience with Bauer goalie pants.

Would you two like to share a picture or some pictures with pants on ice? You can send me PM.

1 hour ago, Felix said:

Would you two like to share a picture or some pictures with pants on ice? You can send me PM.

Lucky for you, my brother took some pictures of me a few weeks ago.

The first two images (3034/3057) should give you a look at the inside of my leg when I'm in a half-fly, the third and sixth images (3064/3106) should show how the pant sits on my trailing leg when I'm crouched off the post, and the fourth and five images show the pants when I'm down in a butterfly.

(originals are quite hi-res, ~15MB each. If you want an original to zoom in for a closer look, I can zip and email them to you)

DSC_3034.jpg

DSC_3057.jpg

DSC_3064.jpg

DSC_3077.jpg

DSC_3098.jpg

DSC_3106.jpg

Edited by CJ Boiss

10 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Lucky for you, my brother took some pictures of me a few weeks ago.

The first two images (3034/3057) should give you a look at the inside of my leg when I'm in a half-fly, the third and sixth images (3064/3106) should show how the pant sits on my trailing leg when I'm crouched off the post, and the fourth and five images show the pants when I'm down in a butterfly.

(originals are quite hi-res, ~15MB each. If you want an original to zoom in for a closer look, I can zip and email them to you)

DSC_3034.jpg

DSC_3057.jpg

DSC_3064.jpg

DSC_3077.jpg

DSC_3098.jpg

DSC_3106.jpg

Looking very good! Look as a normal goalie pants. Not as wide as I thought. Pictures at their website fooled me. 

I think Warrior will be a great deal for me.

I use the Warrior X2 pros and like them too. Mobile and all. 

I have only tried the Bauer 2X in store but from that I'd say they are as useable as Warriors. Felt like a lot less of anything over you and lightweigth. I would happily try the Bauer 2X on ice just for the experience.

That said and to compare to the feeling of the Warriors they feel a lot more bulky. But as said by the others and I can trail them, on the ice the Warriors are unnoticeable and still do their job excellent.

Either of the choices you have will most likely make you happy so you are pretty safe in your position. 🙂

I decided to drive to the nearest city to try out those pants, ended up buying almost full gear set😅 

2x pro pants was outstanding when putting on them alone.. but when I added knee pads, chest protector and leg pads the warrior pants surpassed Bauer pants. So Warrior ended up as the best choice. Bauer pants hangs up on chest protector and I can't turn around fully.

Now I have:

New / Old

• Leg Pads
    Bauer 2S Pro / Vaughn Velocity
  • Glove
    Bauer 3X / Vaughn Vision
  • Blocker
    Bauer 3X / Vaughn Vision
  • Chest & Arm Protector
    Reebok 11K
  • Pants
    Warrior X2 Pro / Reebok 9K