True/Lefevre 20.2 Living Review

Chenner29

3 minutes ago, Toobs said:

Shorter boot compared to what? It’s got a very flat boot but trues boot length has been pretty consistent across models.

Compared to the 20.2. I've tried on both and the px3 seemed to have a shorter boot, and sat a little differently on the skate but maybe I was just imagining that. 

18 minutes ago, froese said:

Compared to the 20.2. I've tried on both and the px3 seemed to have a shorter boot, and sat a little differently on the skate but maybe I was just imagining that. 

Think the boots are pretty similar. The px3 might be a bit flatter but not sure on that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Short which way?

Height above skate?

Length from ankle break?

Length from ankle break. The px3 (actually 9x3 was what I had in front of me) boot looked/felt shorter. But you guys would know better, just an impression I got. 

Just now, froese said:

Length from ankle break. The px3 (actually 9x3 was what I had in front of me) boot looked/felt shorter. But you guys would know better, just an impression I got. 

Since the NHL moved to LDS sizing, most boot lengths are pretty standard now.  I think it's 7" across the board in all sizes across all manufacturers. 

I think the trend moved like this:

LDS instituted > goalies started shaving boot length and adding to thigh > league mandated minimum boot length of 7" > goalies started experimenting with boot strap and skate interactions (ie. Lundy loop)/calf setups/professor straps/FRS to have pad sit up higher

10 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Since the NHL moved to LDS sizing, most boot lengths are pretty standard now.  I think it's 7" across the board in all sizes across all manufacturers. 

I think the trend moved like this:

LDS instituted > goalies started shaving boot length and adding to thigh > league mandated minimum boot length of 7" > goalies started experimenting with boot strap and skate interactions (ie. Lundy loop)/calf setups/professor straps/FRS to have pad sit up higher

Yup that makes sense. It was likely just a perception thing on my part due to them being slightly different style of pad. The 20.2 is tempting me because there's some good sales right now and I literally bought my Eflex 6's a few months ago, haha. We don't all get the employee discount! 😂

2 minutes ago, froese said:

Yup that makes sense. It was likely just a perception thing on my part due to them being slightly different style of pad. The 20.2 is tempting me because there's some good sales right now and I literally bought my Eflex 6's a few months ago, haha. We don't all get the employee discount! 😂

Probably has a lot to do with the boot break angle between the two models and how you look at the pad straight on

FWIW, I do "feel" the boot break a lot more in Px3 than I did in 20.2.

You can probably wait til the new line comes out to get 20.2 at a better price.  There's still a big quality difference between Lefevre and offshore 20.2s in what I've seen so far.

12 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Probably has a lot to do with the boot break angle between the two models and how you look at the pad straight on

FWIW, I do "feel" the boot break a lot more in Px3 than I did in 20.2.

You can probably wait til the new line comes out to get 20.2 at a better price.  There's still a big quality difference between Lefevre and offshore 20.2s in what I've seen so far.

That's interesting I hadn't heard that before, that there were tangible differences. Is there something specific in the off-shores that they don't do as well or just an overall feel?

34 minutes ago, froese said:

That's interesting I hadn't heard that before, that there were tangible differences. Is there something specific in the off-shores that they don't do as well or just an overall feel?

Just overall quality and durability. You’ll be much happier with the domestic product. 

Hzrdus should be hitting stores relatively soon, so 20.2 will likely drop in price pretty dramatically if that’s the direction you want to go.

Edited by Toobs

8 minutes ago, Toobs said:

Just overall quality and durability. You’ll be much happier with the domestic product. 

Hzrdus should be hitting stores relatively, so 20.2 will likely drop in price pretty dramatically if that’s the direction you want to go.

Good to know. I'll try to find some domestics in store and compare them. And I'll try to remove the 20.2's I've currently got in my online cart, haha. 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:50 PM, froese said:

Good to know. I'll try to find some domestics in store and compare them. And I'll try to remove the 20.2's I've currently got in my online cart, haha. 

I managed to remove the 20.2's but somehow ended up with a custom px3 order instead. Blacked out in a haze of goalie gear euphoria, woke up, and this was the result 🤦‍♂️ @Chenner29 @Toobs

Screenshot_20240126-130930.png

Screenshot_20240126-130953.png

Screenshot_20240126-131005.png

11 hours ago, froese said:

I managed to remove the 20.2's but somehow ended up with a custom px3 order instead. Blacked out in a haze of goalie gear euphoria, woke up, and this was the result 🤦‍♂️ @Chenner29 @Toobs

Screenshot_20240126-130930.png

Screenshot_20240126-130953.png

Screenshot_20240126-131005.png

Good choice, think you’ll really enjoy these. Trues production times aren’t terrible right now either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toobs said:

Good choice, think you’ll really enjoy these. Trues production times aren’t terrible right now either.

Yup, I think it's showing 9-11 weeks at the moment and hopefully it will be even less than that. 

2 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

Nice pick, I'm almost a year in with mine now and love them.

Good to hear. I'm pretty excited to give them a whirl and see if they're a good fit.