TF7 Skate - It's Coming

ZeroGravitas

6 minutes ago, johncho said:

I want these, but I'm invested into the Vertexx. I wonder how mangled it will be if I do a swap

I'm rocking Vertexx on custom Trues.  The manager of the shop I worked at when I got the True's had to drill a couple extra holes to line things up just right.   I would not recommend making the swap unless you have someone you REALLY trust, as I know Brandon put in a lot of time and effort on my skates to get them dead on.  We had to redo the rivets on one because it didn't meet his standards.   TBH I didn't notice anything wrong when I took them on the ice with the right holder slightly off, but he was concerned I'd have issues with sharpening down the road if we didn't fix it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johncho said:

I want these, but I'm invested into the Vertexx. I wonder how mangled it will be if I do a swap

Shouldn't be a big issue. Lots of people convert. Like @Puckstoppersays, find someone whom you trust. When my CCM XSG was mounted on my True custom, the guy took the old True holders off without issue, but he used rivets that were slightly too long and resulted in the rivets becoming loose a couple months down the road. Had someone else take a look at it, diagnose the problem and fix it with shorter rivets. No issues ever since.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, RichMan said:

Anymore info on the TF7? Other than fibreglass over carbon and the weight difference, what else could set them apart in terms of quality or performance?

I was going to say the same thing, other than weight due to materials, if it fits the same (like a glove) I don't really see much more need to upgrade to TF9s.

Better protection/better initial steel maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...