Bauer Proto V Stick - ADV Goalie

A.YOUNGoalie13

18 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Well that’s bland

Proves goalies are an after-thought. It is the “goalie equivalent” of the Bauer Agent player stick coming out soon which going to be like another sync, a limited edition sort of thing kind of like the old ADVs. Its literally a hyperlite with a slightly changed graphic. Big detail though is that it is lighter than the hyperlite

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Proves goalies are an after-thought. It is the “goalie equivalent” of the Bauer Agent player stick coming out soon which going to be like another sync, a limited edition sort of thing kind of like the old ADVs. Its literally a hyperlite with a slightly changed graphic. Big detail though is that it is lighter than the hyperlite

Well time to keep using M2s for me

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

ADVs mean parents pay more. Like me...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I will say that the agent stick is pretty slick and ridiculously light. We may or may not have reviewed received a display last week along with some Proto-v sticks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

MSRP for a JR agent was $350 when we looked it up.

Parents will pay that. Easy...

When the Nexus ADV release happened in 2020 (the first Bauer with the hole in the blade). The pro shop sold out in hours. They had a big box in the store with the ADV logo on it with a 'don't open until...' date on the side. Every kid in the rink was drooling wondering what the stick would look like inside the display case. Then the release date came. Mayhem! ADVs were about $75-$100 more than the top Bauer models sold. Kids didn't care what pattern they could buy as long as it had that hole in the blade.

Bauer Nexus ADV Hockey Stick – Pro Hockey Life

Bauer will easily sell that goalie stick with some ADV type AGENT gimmick. But goalies are far fewer in every rink than skaters. 99% of the people in the rink think goalies still use wood sticks and pads are leather.

Edited by MTH

4 hours ago, MTH said:

Parents will pay that. Easy...

When the Nexus ADV release happened in 2020 (the first Bauer with the hole in the blade). The pro shop sold out in hours. They had a big box in the store with the ADV logo on it with a 'don't open until...' date on the side. Every kid in the rink was drooling wondering what the stick would look like inside the display case. Then the release date came. Mayhem! ADVs were about $75-$100 more than the top Bauer models sold. Kids didn't care what pattern they could buy as long as it had that hole in the blade.

Bauer Nexus ADV Hockey Stick – Pro Hockey Life

Bauer will easily sell that goalie stick with some ADV type AGENT gimmick. But goalies are far fewer in every rink than skaters. 99% of the people in the rink think goalies still use wood sticks and pads are leather.

A lot of the guys I play with still use wooden, or at least foam core, sticks. They think composites are either like they once were, or they're apathetic, or they think they're too expensive (fair).

With regards to the slingshot stick, one of the guys I play with can actually take advantage of it and swears by it. His shot is absolutely wicked on the release.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Will it hold up better than the Mach Supreme?  Those sticks are more brittle than 100 year old man.

My son apparently used this one to fight off a shark attack...

Shark attack is right! Proto-V is built off a Vapor, so it doesn't have the Spine and should therefore last longer. Hard to say, though, since it just launched.

Personally, I try to steer the elite teens towards the M5 Pro. Cheaper, more durable, and not much heavier. If money isn't an issue for the parents, then the kids can/will/do whatever they want.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thanks!  My kid just bought a proto v so I guess we'll see.  I'll mention that model to him.  I suspect he will have to step down to slightly less of a "performance" stick.

I had really good luck with my custom 3S Pros (step down from the Ultrasonic at the time).

Bad luck with 2S Pro (spine cracked) and Hyperlite (paddle cracked)

Weight on the 3S Pro was listed heavier, but imperceptible when I had it in my hand

I'm still on my first Hyperlite stick (custom ordered a 3-pack) since early this year, playing 2x per week and keeping it in my garage (insulated but not A/C controlled) in Texas between games. Some paint chips where there have been particularly hard shots to the paddle, but otherwise no difference from when I first got it. Not sure what would have to come out to get me to switch from them.

Something about the exact angle between the shaft and the paddle that the new (let's say 2018 onwards) Warrior sticks have makes them uncomfortable for my hand.