Cooper / Bauer / Nike History

TheGoalNet

Best part is that inline skating killed Nike/Bauer.

Boivin predicted that Canstar's sales would top $400 million and Bauer's share of the in-line market would increase from about 7 percent to 32 percent by the end of the 1990s. 

Living through that time - inline skating was so popular. More than Bitcoin.

I remember when Colin Forrester( Forrester Goalie gear) was hired by Nike/Bauer. He was doing repairs and making gear out of home after his company closed up and then Nike/Bauer hired him as there goalie department head. He came up with the Vapor and the One95 goalie line, after that everything somewhat shift to JRZ and I don't know how mauch long after Colin left . Colin was great guy, he lived in the same town I did.

10 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I remember when Colin Forrester( Forrester Goalie gear) was hired by Nike/Bauer. He was doing repairs and making gear out of home after his company closed up and then Nike/Bauer hired him as there goalie department head. He came up with the Vapor and the One95 goalie line, after that everything somewhat shift to JRZ and I don't know how mauch long after Colin left . Colin was great guy, he lived in the same town I did.

Wow, my first pads were "air-tec". I had no idea he landed at Bauer. Mine were all white 

$_35.JPG

Archived