What are the best socks?

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering what socks you're using (both skate socks and hockey socks).

I've been trying to find out what socks pro goaltenders are wearing over their knee guards but I'm not having much luck. I was going to just buy some player socks but was wondering if there are any goalie specific models made with knee guards in mind. As for skate socks I was thinking of just going with some nice Bauer socks.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, johncho said:

For hockey socks I wear the new style non-knit material that facilitates the pads to slide around. I have found XL sizing to be able to slide over my PAW knee pads and keep them from moving.

Which brand / model are they?

The RBK/CCM/Adidas XL size hockey socks fit over most knee pads.  When I used Factory Mad knee pads, I bumped up to a XL+ size due to the extra bulk.  

To me it seems the retail socks fit a touch smaller than the pro stock socks and are slightly less stretchy.  But not a huge enough difference to size up.

• Like 4

I’ve had smart hockey and monkey sports intermediate socks because I prefer the shorter length. Both rotate great though the smart hockey socks were a bit tight over Warrior x3 pro knee pads, had no bottom elastic, and had the velcro tabs poking out the top which I wasn’t a fan of. I prefer them fully inside the socks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hockey37 said:

The RBK/CCM/Adidas XL size hockey socks fit over most knee pads.  When I used Factory Mad knee pads, I bumped up to a XL+ size due to the extra bulk. 

To me it seems the retail socks fit a touch smaller than the pro stock socks and are slightly less stretchy.  But not a huge enough difference to size up.

https://sidelineswap.com/shop/hockey/apparel-jerseys-socks/hockey-socks/pro-stock/l66365?brand[]=69&brand[]=6&brand[]=1

Preconfigured search on SLS for the CCM/Reebok/Adidas EDGE style socks

Note that this style sock does NOT have velcro attachment to a jock short/pant, you'll need a garter

There is still a decent amount of chaff on there.  Either uninformed or dishonest sellers may post retail items as "pro stock"

Look for the black branding badge on the item before purchasing

image.png.aa882d61d115771144f27c22f072cbef.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johncho said:

For hockey socks I wear the new style non-knit material that facilitates the pads to slide around. I have found XL sizing to be able to slide over my PAW knee pads and keep them from moving.

Agree! I've used some random brand for a beer league team, but how also used the CCM style as well. Great hockey socks.

FGL_332532506_01_a-CCM-SX6000-Practice-S

OP, for hockey socks in my skates, I used the kevlar cut resistant Bauer versions. 

bauer-hockey-sock-elite-performance.jpg

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 1