Brian's Gear

TheGoalNet

• 2 weeks later...

Having issues with my CCM Pads in terms of rebounds. Up until now the rebounds have really  been kicking out and as of late they have been super soft and been dying in front of me like they say they do and im not a fan of it. 
Anyone have used any of the brians ¨hybrid¨ style pads and have anything that would be able to help me w this? Im a fan of the flex bc im not very flexible naturally so i like that they flex really well. especially down at the boot. dont wanna get custom.

Edited by Max27

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Having issues with my CCM Pads in terms of rebounds. Up until now the rebounds have really  been kicking out and as of late they have been super soft and been dying in front of me like they say they do and im not a fan of it. 
Anyone have used any of the brians ¨hybrid¨ style pads and have anything that would be able to help me w this? Im a fan of the flex bc im not very flexible naturally so i like that they flex really well. especially down at the boot. dont wanna get custom.

My R/GT's used to kick out rebounds but have softened up as well. That's the life of a "hybrid"pad. Unless you go to a stiff pad you're going to find that along the lines. 

However, pads have bee coming out with hard faces and softer boots. While the 1x is still a super stiff pad from top to bottom, the new premiers, G4's and Optik fly's and SLR's all have decent flex at the boot. 

Check out those ones if you want hard rebounds with a softer boot. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My R/GT's used to kick out rebounds but have softened up as well. That's the life of a "hybrid"pad. Unless you go to a stiff pad you're going to find that along the lines. 

However, pads have bee coming out with hard faces and softer boots. While the 1x is still a super stiff pad from top to bottom, the new premiers, G4's and Optik fly's and SLR's all have decent flex at the boot. 

Check out those ones if you want hard rebounds with a softer boot. 

i was checking out brians genetiks as well as all the ones you mentioned, minus the 1x bc of the uncomfort i had in them when i tried em.

i was checking out the p2s as well. according to ccm they have the same boot flex as the ef3s

not really that the soft rebounds are bad, theyre just different. had a game td and noticed it that the rebound just died. they didnt kick out and i was confused and had a lot of issues tracking the puck with them

20 minutes ago, Max27 said:

not really that the soft rebounds are bad, theyre just different. had a game td and noticed it that the rebound just died. they didnt kick out and i was confused and had a lot of issues tracking the puck with them

Thing is, with a soft pad, you do get to control the rebounds a bit. You can get them to die or go far depending on you you direct it.

Hard pads all kind of have one setting so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Thing is, with a soft pad, you do get to control the rebounds a bit. You can get them to die or go far depending on you you direct it.

Hard pads all kind of have one setting so to speak. 

yeah for sure, just seems when i go to kick a rebound, it just sits there and it was all of a sudden. havent noticed it until today and ive been using these pads 2 times a week since december