Brown 2200B goalie bag

daffy

Background:  I was in search of a goalie bag that would fit through narrow doorways and down my basement stairs without marking up all the walls.  I had a Passau backpack but was walking hunched over all the time and my old back couldn't take it.

Found the Brown bag online and made some inquires.  2 weeks from placing the order I had the bag.  As always Brown customer service is excellent.

It took me awhile to find a way to pack it and at first found it clumsy.  I'm not big on change so anything, even a bag change is an issue for me.  Kept trying different ways but as you will see in the pics, settled on pads face down, skates, mask and glove in-between. Pants and chesty on top.  Blocker and rest of gear in side pocket.

What I like:

Fits all my gear.  My Boddam pads would be equivalent to CCM 33+2.  All fits well.  I like I can pack as I get undressed.  The old Passau bag I had to pack it after based on how I forgot in.  It does go down the stairs and through door ways easily.  What I wanted it to do.  Construction top notch.

What I don't like.  Still clumsy to get in the SUV (BMW X3).  When the bag is on the floor, that is the side that will be rubbing against you while you walk when carrying it so you need to find a dry space on the floor when you put it down.  

Overall quite happy with it though and plan on it being my last goal bag.  Should get me through to retirement.

I apologize for crappy video.  Was after a skate and tired.

PXL_20230829_034003725.jpg

PXL_20230829_034009430.jpg

PXL_20230829_034019957.jpg

PXL_20230829_034103253.jpg

Edited by daffy
Added more pics
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Scythe said:

That's a great looking bag. Cool how it stands up like a suitcase. Is that custom name embroidery on the hand grip? 

Yeah, it has a handle on on side so you can grab it and stand it up.  Slapped my name on it.  Figured might as well if it's last bag I'll use.  You can pick custom color for the bag and handles.  I'm hoping that if I do catch the wall with the bag going down the stairs, grey will be less noticeable than black.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Sweet looking bag. Thanks for this review! I've been thinking about looking for a new bag that isn't as wide as my current Warrior bag.

Thanks.  Brown makes a solid product.  The backpack was handy but my old back didn't like the weight.  Best alternative I could find.  Definitely goes through doorways easily.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daffy said:

Thanks.  Brown makes a solid product.  The backpack was handy but my old back didn't like the weight.  Best alternative I could find.  Definitely goes through doorways easily.  

That is good to hear. I have always wondered if a backpack bag was an option for me, but the weight on the back concerned me as well. I'm only 30, but I've had back issues in the past and I'd like to keep it self if possible. 

The through doorways thing is nice. I have a massive 3-wheeled Warrior bag and, while nice, can be quite cumbersome and has trouble going in/out of doors in certain rinks.

Thanks for your responses!

• Like 1

I had that one, but not for long. I might of even had my own review up here somewhere. I found everything to kinda all slip down to the bottom and while walking, the bag kept hitting my outside calf. I didn't put my pads in it though, I find it hard on my posture. Maybe I could try it again someday. It was definitely an interesting bag. 

• 7 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 3:39 PM, RichMan said:

Did you get the senior or intermediate bag? Is the measurements from end to end or just the main compartment?

Sorry! Just caught this now.....many months later.  I got the senior large bag.  Attached size guide.

Screenshot_20240406-214721.png

• Thanks 1