Warrior G6 Living Review

ThatCarGuy

Now that we're halfway through the season I'll add some more wear pictures later today. Since the last update I've joined a team in Illinois and been on the ice 5 days a week for 2hr practices. In Sweden I was averaging 3 days a week with an hour long practice. Got a small scratch on the thigh rise and one of the eyelets on the glove thumb plate has cracked. No not the whole thumb plate, just the eyelet at the top. Warrior laces their composite plates in with the perimeter lacing to improve consistency of the closure even with the lack of palm lacing. Blocker has a few small wear spots but the palm is holding up great

Edited by ThatCarGuy

28 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Now that we're halfway through the season I'll add some more wear pictures later today. Got a small scratch on the thigh rise and one of the eyelets on the glove thumb plate has cracked. No not the whole thumb plate, just the eyelet at the top. Warrior laces their composite plates in with the perimeter lacing to improve consistency of the closure even with the lack of palm lacing. Blocker has a few small wear spots but the palm is holding up great

Maybe state the amount of times you hit the ice a week since?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Maybe state the amount of times you hit the ice a week since?

Edit made. But just so you don't have to go back to that post:

Since the last update I've joined a team in Illinois and been on the ice 5 days a week for 2hr practices. In Sweden I was averaging 3 days a week with an hour long practice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Aside from the boot risers being busted to shit, that's decent wear for the amount you use 'em. 

I still think a lot of it comes from the weave not being as durable as the standard jenpro. The boot risers themselves are fine it's just the padskinz I put over them has gotten obliterated

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I still think a lot of it comes from the weave not being as durable as the standard jenpro. The boot risers themselves are fine it's just the padskinz I put over them has gotten obliterated

Most of my wear on my GT2's were in the weave areas. But those were also in the generally high wear areas anyways. The only jenpro wear was on the T of my glove and that's due to me pushing my hands together as I set for a play coming my way. 

I'm sure the wear on the boot risers has more to do with your Konekts than anything. I had zero wear on my risers on my GT, GT2, and G5 sets. 

20230130_211747.jpg

20230130_211941.jpg

20230130_212200.jpg

48 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Most of my wear on my GT2's were in the weave areas. But those were also in the generally high wear areas anyways. The only jenpro wear was on the T of my glove and that's due to me pushing my hands together as I set for a play coming my way. 

I'm sure the wear on the boot risers has more to do with your Konekts than anything. I had zero wear on my risers on my GT, GT2, and G5 sets. 

20230130_211747.jpg

20230130_211941.jpg

20230130_212200.jpg

There's no regular jenpro wear on my set anywhere it's just in the weave spots.

Really hoping warrior ditches the jenpro on the back of the thigh rise since it seems to cause more wear to the inside top corners than the nylon did

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

There's no regular jenpro wear on my set anywhere it's just in the weave spots.

Really hoping warrior ditches the jenpro on the back of the thigh rise since it seems to cause more wear to the inside top corners than the nylon did

They're not going to. You can already see how the top of thighrises are the same material as the sliding edge in the leaked photos. 

• 3 months later...

Nice reviews 

I’m curious to know how accurate the size chart was for you ? 

for G6 and futur G7 the size chart tell me I’m supposed to be in 35+ 1.5 with my ftk.. I don’t understand how since every pads with flat boot im at 33 atm. Previous boot 34 

Size chart is spot on. 32+1.5 is a little small for me at 19.25" FTK but it's how I prefer my pads to fit. I've tried on G7 and they size the same way. Opted for 32+2 this time around with G7 to get a little more coverage. I could have gone 33+1.5 but I don't like that my knee lands center or how the knee stacks interfere with my pants. I prefer my knee to land above center for the most control and thigh rise seal