Vaughn SLR 4

seagoal

37 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

For what it's worth, I'm currently in conversation to get a set of SLR4s and I was told 6-7 weeks, as of a couple days ago.

From what im gathering the US factory seems to have a 6-8 week quote and the canadian one is 10-14+. Bsuge are you in the great white north?

I ordered mine through pure hockey and i thought it was weird that goalie monkey is quoting 10-14 weeks also. Not sure what other US retailers are quoting. 

On 2/28/2024 at 9:09 AM, UCLALabrat said:

From what im gathering the US factory seems to have a 6-8 week quote and the canadian one is 10-14+. Bsuge are you in the great white north?

I ordered mine through pure hockey and i thought it was weird that goalie monkey is quoting 10-14 weeks also. Not sure what other US retailers are quoting. 

From his profile, it looks like he is in Canada.

Wouldn't be surprised if Monkey did not update the wait time.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

From his profit, it looks like he is in Canada.

Wouldn't be surprised if Monkey did not update the wait time.

Looks sick...what size are your pads? Did you size down at all from your current?

3 minutes ago, UCLALabrat said:

Looks sick...what size are your pads? Did you size down at all from your current?

So.... I tried on some 33+2 in the store. And they were huge. See below. I've been a Bauer Small with the flat Vapor boot for the last 4 years or so. This is my first Vaughn pad.

20240227_170337.thumb.jpg.edbf383ad5e642cf12910b1766c9e99f.jpg

After talking with Vaughn, I decided to go down to a 31".
Per Vaughn, going from 33" to 32" is 1/2" on the shin and 1/2" on the top.
And from 32" to 31" is 1/2" on the shin and 1/2" on the boot.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

So.... I tried on some 33+2 in the store. And they were huge. See below. I've been a Bauer Small with the flat Vapor boot for the last 4 years or so. This is my first Vaughn pad.

20240227_170337.thumb.jpg.edbf383ad5e642cf12910b1766c9e99f.jpg

After talking with Vaughn, I decided to go down to a 31".
Per Vaughn, going from 33" to 32" is 1/2" on the shin and 1/2" on the top.
And from 32" to 31" is 1/2" on the shin and 1/2" on the boot.

Good to see! Im currently using V9s in 36+2 and the knee block is about 2" too short.

I did the SLR4 customizer before I went in to purehockey so i put 38" as the size. I sent the order through to their rep and he was like "dude 38" are you sure?"

Ended up landing on 37+1 cause the SLR4 (and V10 apparently) sit higher due to the flat boot. I think thats the right call but yeah each day feels like an eternity waiting for them to get here.

20240214_082052.jpg

20240214_082042.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 10:52 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Time for the inGoal advertisement video 

Interesting, they didn’t touch on the fact that they slimmed down the pad significantly, and also kinda glossed over that the glove/blocker are now the XP versions, and how the blocker is now 2-piece. The old SLR glove and blocker are totally gone.

12 hours ago, Toobs said:

Interesting, they didn’t touch on the fact that they slimmed down the pad significantly, and also kinda glossed over that the glove/blocker are now the XP versions, and how the blocker is now 2-piece. The old SLR glove and blocker are totally gone.

How you mean? The SLR4 offers a 60 and 70 deg break option? Or are there other aspects?

3 minutes ago, UCLALabrat said:

How you mean? The SLR4 offers a 60 and 70 deg break option? Or are there other aspects?

Stock is 60, but they offer a 70 degree which is similar to the 580 break.

There was a brief period where Vaughn offered a V10 XP catcher and blocker which seems to have become SLR4. Not sure if that's the original plan or if customer/pro feedback on it was so good they decided to use it as SLR4.

• Like 1

My bad, i thought they still offered the V10 XP but would make sense if they rolled it into the SLR4 since both gloves had the same stock break (well SLR3 and V10).

Wasnt the V9/V10 a two piece and the SLR one piece or did i get that wrong?

7 minutes ago, UCLALabrat said:

My bad, i thought they still offered the V10 XP but would make sense if they rolled it into the SLR4 since both gloves had the same stock break (well SLR3 and V10).

Wasnt the V9/V10 a two piece and the SLR one piece or did i get that wrong?

IIRC, V9 was two-piece and V9 XP was one-piece. V10 and V10 XP is one-piece.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toobs said:

I know that the ventus/slr glove wasn't the most popular, but it's dissapointing to see it essentially dissapear.

I assume it'll be available at custom since there is still a user base for it, but I do understand their thought process behind making the change. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I know that the ventus/slr glove wasn't the most popular, but it's dissapointing to see it essentially dissapear.

I assume it'll be available at custom since there is still a user base for it, but I do understand their thought process behind making the change. 

Yeah it’s kind of strange that they got rid of it entirely. I wasn’t a huge fan of it but I know some people swore by it. It was a very unique feeling glove, even though it had essentially a 600 break it was still a fairly unique feel. 

Also seems weird to me that they now aren’t offering a blocker with a one piece side wall. The XP/SLR4 blocker isn’t that much different than the standard V10, whereas the previous SLR blocker was pretty different. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 11:09 AM, UCLALabrat said:

Hey, sorry I missed this. I was away the day you asked the question and I wasn’t checking. I am in Canada so that checks out. I still haven’t received my order yet. I followed up this week and was told “hopefully in the next couple weeks”. 

• Like 1

Mine are supposed to be complete a week from monday. Wait is killing me 🤣

Pure hockey rep said they would be sent to the PH warehouse, theyd do a quick check to make sure the specs were right and then send them to me. Hopefully that turnaround is only a week but im bracing for 2. 

I've got a widget on my phone that counts down the days until an approximate delivery date for my SLR4s. I was also quoted 6-8 weeks for the set, so I set the countdown to 7 weeks. If it is leaning closer to 8 weeks, I'll have to add another 7 days to it. Going from 21 days remaining to 28, ugh!

• Haha 1