Opinions on Chest Protectors

1 hour ago, froese said:

Can either of you comment on how the shoulder floaters impact looking side to side? Glad to hear about the arm mobility, but my other pet peeve when I've looked at upgrading is I can't stand it if the chin of my mask is restricted by the floaters. I want the absolute opposite of what Matt Murray seems to want. Thanks!

The only time I had a problem with it was when I had just changed my dangler and it was lower than I usually have it but since I fixed that I have no problem 

8 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

The only time I had a problem with it was when I had just changed my dangler and it was lower than I usually have it but since I fixed that I have no problem 

Thanks, I don't wear a dangler so it's good to know that even with one it's not an issue. 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Cool. Make sure to express gratitude for such a nice gift 

Grandpa is the best! This was a huge surprise for me! Grandpa asked if he could come along with me to my ice sessions and I told him yes! Best Thanksgiving ever, just wish my Dad was still here to see it.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 6:12 AM, TresPasser said:

If you want the best protection in the market, then Brown is your choice. Add the Russian Spec to a custom Brown chesty and no matter what level of shots you are facing, you won't feel a thing. 

Will 2nd this have only had my Brown a short time, but have not felt a thing since I have. It’s warmer but not hot as some have said, and arm mobility is surprisingly considering some of the warnings/stiffness I had been given although being 6’8 having long arms maybe it’s more a leverage thing and less chance for interference with the elbow floaters. 

13 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Has anyone had the luxury of comparing a Brians sr medium and a bauer sr medium or large side by side? If so would love to hear how they fit.

I felt some smalls, I believe they fit similar, don’t quote me on this though it was in November lol. What I am confident on is that the optik 3 is a solid unit. If I had the money to drop on one I would

I have been wearing Simmons 998 with beef up kit for over a decade the only mod i have done is lace in a set of thigh boards on the bicep and it is an absolut tank. I have played against high caliber players and have no concerns about sticking torso in front of any shooter I have faced. The thigh boards can be done with any C/A. I have done it every C/A I've had for almost 20 yrs

DSCF0633.JPG

• Like 1