Warrior Goal sticks

Novasteel31

I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the differences on the V and M lines. I've been long time CCM stick user but need to upgrade and I used a buddies Warrior at shinny for a few weeks and it felt nice. I've heard they are great sticks but for the life of me I can not understand the differences in lines. Any help would be amazing.

On a side not I don't care for the newer CCM sticks, I was using the old Premier line and had purchased 4 of them when they were on sale a while back and finally have gone through them.

no 27.5 warrior is not 26 ccm in all cases.

if u change the shoulder paddle pattern it will be diff on where u hold it 

AND

if the blade is flat vs rocker or semi rocker the connection to the ice and how where it is position is diff.

which also ties into the lie to an extent of the rocker shape.

so no dont make an assumption.

its as dumb as people asking what skate sharpness they have when they have all diff skill levels and diff ice temp and rockers profile on their blades.

of stupid people saying i need +1" thigh vs +2"thighrise on 2 diff brands and models at the retail level,  and diff years.

5 minutes ago, DL42 said:

AND

if the blade is flat vs rocker or semi rocker the connection to the ice and how where it is position is diff.

its as dumb as people asking what skate sharpness they have when they have all diff skill levels and diff ice temp and rockers profile on their blades.

of stupid people saying i need +1" thigh vs +2"thighrise on 2 diff brands and models at the retail level,  and diff years.

I think they're mostly referencing the rule of thumb for warrior sticks in how they're 1-1.5" shorter than everyone else's. 

I use 25" Warriors and would need 24" for any other brand to be comparable. 

34 minutes ago, DL42 said:

AND

This only applies when measuring from the toe of the blade to the shoulders. When measured heel to shoulder, no matter the pattern, they're almost always the same with minor manufacturing inconsistencies

Looking at the curves, I know the blade pattern difference compared to CCM and over brands but is there much of a difference between the wedge and the twist. Looking at them they don't seem to be drastically different from inter-web pictures lol.

I'm currently a CCM Crawford user which if I am correct is closer to the twist.

3 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

Looking at the curves, I know the blade pattern difference compared to CCM and over brands but is there much of a difference between the wedge and the twist. Looking at them they don't seem to be drastically different from inter-web pictures lol.

I'm currently a CCM Crawford user which if I am correct is closer to the twist.

Wedge and twist are very different. The bottom of the blade is much rounder on twist and the blade has more curve. They're pretty similar in how much they open but I've always struggled to deflect pucks until I switched to a wedge curve. 

You're correct Crawford is similar if not the same as a Warrior twist. Price is the same as warrior wedge

32 minutes ago, Hockey37 said:

I went from CCMs and tried a Warrior, but the lie seemed way different and couldn't get used to the Warrior.  Just something to be aware of. 

There's definitely something different between the EF5 Price curve and V3 Wedge curve. I've never been able to put my finger on it but the lie might be the answer

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Wedge and twist are very different. The bottom of the blade is much rounder on twist and the blade has more curve. They're pretty similar in how much they open but I've always struggled to deflect pucks until I switched to a wedge curve. 

You're correct Crawford is similar if not the same as a Warrior twist. Price is the same as warrior wedge

There's definitely something different between the EF5 Price curve and V3 Wedge curve. I've never been able to put my finger on it but the lie might be the answer

That makes complete sense for the twist and wedge, I was thinking twist and mid LMFAO 🤣

1 hour ago, DL42 said:

the heel on the Price is more rocker rounded vs wedge making the lie feel lower.price pattern u can go longer then the warrior bc of that.

the twist is more flat on the bottom of the blade.

The lie is physically different. I own both its not the heel

Twist is definitely not flatter on the bottom of the blade that's why I switched away from it

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

When comparing True and Warrior stick lengths same rule of thumb applies. A 26" true would compare to 27.5 warrior roughly correct?

Roughly, yes. They're (Warrior) changing that for this year's releases though.

• Thanks 1