Brian's Eclipse series

Snowman30

I got a chance to try on these gloves at my local hockey shop and I like the blocker, the glove is ok.... I prefer the iconik glove. The rvh glove down pass trap with the eclipse the pocket doesn't lay flat like Optik and iconik lines which is a problem. It presents well otherwise. Not on my list to buy tho. Probably going with iconik/Optik combo. 

On 1/21/2024 at 8:17 PM, xmikex32 said:

I’ve always wanted a Brian’s set/gloves and if it wasn’t for the price I would have probably went with this 580 over the Bauer vapor90 but the price is starting to get pretty ridiculous. Like most gear the price is starting to be crazy. 600/700+ for a CA that won’t give you bruises etc…

That is why I went with PAW. I was able to get a custom glove/blocker set for around 800, including shipping. That's not cheap, but definitely cheaper than the big boys. Bauer would have cost me about 1200 (1167).

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Toobs said:

Just got word that my Iconik/Eclipse combo is in. Ordered my SLR4s and this set like almost 3 months apart and they came in within 2 weeks of each other.

7863DBCC-C3E0-4445-BD51-71A31BC38076.thumb.jpeg.6c1aa707cd566e60399d486523c9d238.jpeg

E2F264E3-8C19-463A-A52B-FB867D55AD18.thumb.jpeg.527285bc63320d4b1072285f20f9ec11.jpeg

BFF1E125-D4C4-44E7-880E-DB062AE5CCC6.thumb.jpeg.2ec758376b3ab9dca42216c9e3da2675.jpeg

Fantastic design, reminds me days in NikeBauer Supreme SE3: 

SE3.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/6/2024 at 8:15 AM, Frenchforwin said:

I got a chance to try on these gloves at my local hockey shop and I like the blocker, the glove is ok.... I prefer the iconik glove. The rvh glove down pass trap with the eclipse the pocket doesn't lay flat like Optik and iconik lines which is a problem. It presents well otherwise. Not on my list to buy tho. Probably going with iconik/Optik combo. 

Is it just the break or the glove itself? have you ever tried on a Vapor90 and if so how does it compare? i keep talking myself in and out of ordering a glove. I'm currently using a vapor90 and love the closure and the feel and no one near me has the eclipse in store. 

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

Is it just the break or the glove itself? have you ever tried on a Vapor90 and if so how does it compare? i keep talking myself in and out of ordering a glove. I'm currently using a vapor90 and love the closure and the feel and no one near me has the eclipse in store. 

I had a vapor90 and am getting my eclipse delivered in a few days. I’ll let you know how they compare.

• Like 1

So to my surprise my LHS had some eclipse in shop. The glove needed to be broken in but felt pretty close to the vapor in closure. The blocker was the first blocker I tried on that felt horrible  the nose felt heavy and just felt cumbersome. The optik blocker felt way better and closer to the Mach blocker. I’m still on the fence whether I should order a glove or not. It felt good but something was also just off, then again it wasn’t broken in but already able to close fully. 

Is it usually the same wait time for a single glove. All I want is the thief eyes on the T….. idk why I’ve always really liked that and always wanted some Brian’s gear. 

Edited by xmikex32

On 4/10/2024 at 9:13 PM, Toobs said:

Just got word that my Iconik/Eclipse combo is in. Ordered my SLR4s and this set like almost 3 months apart and they came in within 2 weeks of each other.

7863DBCC-C3E0-4445-BD51-71A31BC38076.thumb.jpeg.6c1aa707cd566e60399d486523c9d238.jpeg

E2F264E3-8C19-463A-A52B-FB867D55AD18.thumb.jpeg.527285bc63320d4b1072285f20f9ec11.jpeg

BFF1E125-D4C4-44E7-880E-DB062AE5CCC6.thumb.jpeg.2ec758376b3ab9dca42216c9e3da2675.jpeg

I wish manufacturers would make pad graphics like this again.  Nice, simple, eye-catching.

Some of the shit they're putting out there these days is so convoluted, like a DaveArt mask

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I wish manufacturers would make pad graphics like this again.  Nice, simple, eye-catching.

Some of the shit they're putting out there these days is so convoluted, like a DaveArt mask

Cue optik3 graphics. I want a set so bad but the new optik graphics are so bad. 

45 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Cue optik3 graphics. I want a set so bad but the new optik graphics are so bad. 

I contend the domestic manufacturers who offer custom graphics intentionally put out bad stock graphics to force you to go custom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I contend the domestic manufacturers who offer custom graphics intentionally put out bad stock graphics to force you to go custom

True made solid graphics with the 12.2 and the PX3, and threw out the garbage that is the hzrdus graphic. It’s so bad. 

On 4/10/2024 at 9:13 PM, Toobs said:

I went to place my order pretty convinced I was going with iconiks and ended up in slr4. I find this post ironic 🤣

53 minutes ago, UCLALabrat said:

I went to place my order pretty convinced I was going with iconiks and ended up in slr4. I find this post ironic 🤣

Haha I’ll let you know which I like better 

2 hours ago, UCLALabrat said:

Did you order the same config as the SLR4s? You had one knee break in those right? How they compare in stiffness?

Iconiks should be here Thursday so I’ll let you know then. I actually ordered the stiff no break profile on the Iconik because I wanted the aggressive Z curve. So far with the slr4s the only thing I haven’t loved is how straight they are, I’m gonna try to work in a bit of a bend at the knee break. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:07 PM, Toobs said:

True made solid graphics with the 12.2 and the PX3, and threw out the garbage that is the hzrdus graphic. It’s so bad. 

12.2 was just OK IMO

20.2 and PX3 are great

Hzrdus/PX4 is poo poo

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 1:53 PM, Toobs said:

I had a vapor90 and am getting my eclipse delivered in a few days. I’ll let you know how they compare.

Did you have any chance try the eclipse in a game ?

I am looking to order a new 580 style glove since my true px3 is a little big for my small hands. I have a vapor 90 that I love but would like to know your opinion on the new eclipse glove before ordering either a vapor 90, an eclipse or a px3 with int palm (which was not available last year).

1 hour ago, McO said:

I am looking to order a new 580 style glove since my true px3 is a little big for my small hands. I have a vapor 90 that I love but would like to know your opinion on the new eclipse glove before ordering either a vapor 90, an eclipse or a px3 with int palm (which was not available last year).

I’ve got one skate with it so far and have another tomorrow night I’m gonna use it in. Will report back afterwards.

What I’ll say for it so far is that it is by far the most snappy glove out of the box I’ve ever seen. Required essentially zero break in. Kudos to Brian’s for that.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:35 PM, McO said:

So after another use, the eclipse glove might be my new favorite glove. It closes a bit differently than a leferve 580, but it’s very comfortable and still similar enough to a 580 that it feels familiar. The single thin offset T helps create a massive pocket that catches everything. It’s a puck vacuum. I generally haven’t loved brians gloves but this thing is incredible. Also super lightweight.

The blocker is also very nice. It’s very light, comfortable, and well balanced on the hand. The only thing I don’t love is the index finger protection… the elastic connecting the finger guard seems like it’s a bit too long and doesn’t completely pull it sealed to the stick, so there’s a small gap that theoretically could see a puck hit and hit the index finger. Very small likelihood of that happening but it’s my one gripe.

51 minutes ago, Toobs said:

So after another use, the eclipse glove might be my new favorite glove. It closes a bit differently than a leferve 580, but it’s very comfortable and still similar enough to a 580 that it feels familiar. The single thin offset T helps create a massive pocket that catches everything. It’s a puck vacuum. I generally haven’t loved brians gloves but this thing is incredible. Also super lightweight.

The blocker is also very nice. It’s very light, comfortable, and well balanced on the hand. The only thing I don’t love is the index finger protection… the elastic connecting the finger guard seems like it’s a bit too long and doesn’t completely pull it sealed to the stick, so there’s a small gap that theoretically could see a puck hit and hit the index finger. Very small likelihood of that happening but it’s my one gripe.

Dang you’re making me want an eclipse glove more and more! I’m in a vapor 90 right now and love the glove closure BUT the only gripe I have is that the glove doesn’t seal the ice completely while covering and have had multiple times the puck coming out and one instance led to a goal. how is the eclipse on covering the puck? 

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

Dang you’re making me want an eclipse glove more and more! I’m in a vapor 90 right now and love the glove closure BUT the only gripe I have is that the glove doesn’t seal the ice completely while covering and have had multiple times the puck coming out and one instance led to a goal. how is the eclipse on covering the puck? 

I had no issues with getting ice seal. The glove also presents massively which is different from my other 580s  (have used True, eflex 5, vapor90, and Vaughn 70 degree) that tend to have more of that banana shape look. 

It was also the most broken in glove out of the box I’ve ever used. Took basically zero work to get it nice and fappy.

1 hour ago, Toobs said:

I had no issues with getting ice seal. The glove also presents massively which is different from my other 580s  (have used True, eflex 5, vapor90, and Vaughn 70 degree) that tend to have more of that banana shape look. 

It was also the most broken in glove out of the box I’ve ever used. Took basically zero work to get it nice and fappy.

Ya I noticed while trying it on they it was already pretty much broken in and could close pretty easily already. I want one bad

On 4/14/2024 at 10:07 AM, UCLALabrat said:

Did you order the same config as the SLR4s? You had one knee break in those right? How they compare in stiffness?

So I’d say the stiff flex iconiks are actually still a bit more flexy than the stock flex SLR4. The thigh is pretty similar in both, but the Iconik has more flex at the knee bend, despite the knee break I added on the SLR4. I also ordered the soft boot on the SLR4 but the boot on the Iconik is still significantly softer and more flexible.

The iconiks are also a bit thinner and lighter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toobs said:

So I’d say the stiff flex iconiks are actually still a bit more flexy than the stock flex SLR4. The thigh is pretty similar in both, but the Iconik has more flex at the knee bend, despite the knee break I added on the SLR4. I also ordered the soft boot on the SLR4 but the boot on the Iconik is still significantly softer and more flexible.

The iconiks are also a bit thinner and lighter. 

I'll try and post more on my SLR4s to compare to yours. The thigh rise flexes maybe an inch or two and combined with the knee block/calf wrap they're very solid on the ice.

Theyre not quite surfboards like I mentioned previously but they're very stiff.