Brian's Eclipse series

Snowman30

• 3 weeks later...

For me this glove release is stupid 

Offer those option with your 2 collection you already have. 

they make a different graphic so if you want it with a optik or iconik line you have to pay extra fee for the custom design 

2 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

they make a different graphic so if you want it with a optik or iconik line you have to pay extra fee for the custom design 

Changing the graphic to match is normally not an up charge considering you have to custom order these already. 

it’s meant to be a stand alone line, different from the others. So why wouldn’t they have a different graphic on it?

21 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

18 minutes ago, purplepedialyte said:

Changing the graphic to match is normally not an up charge considering you have to custom order these already. 

it’s meant to be a stand alone line, different from the others. So why wouldn’t they have a different graphic on it?

From my understanding it has a very simple graphic so that it'll match nicely with other brands. Brians graphics don't generally work that well when mixed with other sets and eclipse is meant to fix that.

Those who want a matching set and are already in brians pads can order a matching graphic eclipse glove and blocker if they wish. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

43 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

Disagree, a new graphic to visually designate a different break is going to get a few extra looks if the gear is sitting in the store.

Remember, most folks buying gear don't obsess over news on TGN/GGSU/etc. and aren't necessarily up-to-date on what's coming from manufacturers
best example, there's still people who don't know the difference between 580/590/600 breaks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Disagree, a new graphic to visually designate a different break is going to get a few extra looks if the gear is sitting in the store.

Remember, most folks buying gear don't obsess over news on TGN/GGSU/etc. and aren't necessarily up-to-date on what's coming from manufacturers
best example, there's still people who don't know the difference between 580/590/600 breaks

Well that’s the thing, yes, new line and new graphic helps to break it apart and gain traction in the store, but this glove really isn’t based off the gnetik/iconik line and isn’t an optik feel, either. You can distinctly feel those lines in gloves in Brians. Completely different, completely separate, 580 done better than the guys who originally made it. Just makes sense to me. 

I’ve always wanted a Brian’s set/gloves and if it wasn’t for the price I would have probably went with this 580 over the Bauer vapor90 but the price is starting to get pretty ridiculous. Like most gear the price is starting to be crazy. 600/700+ for a CA that won’t give you bruises etc…

44 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

I’ve always wanted a Brian’s set/gloves and if it wasn’t for the price I would have probably went with this 580 over the Bauer vapor90 but the price is starting to get pretty ridiculous. Like most gear the price is starting to be crazy. 600/700+ for a CA that won’t give you bruises etc…

The prices are getting ridiculous for very small changes. Brians is way up there in pricing but at least you get what you pay for

In my personal opinion brian's and warrior are the top 2 brands right now. Both have phenomenal gloves, above average pads, and average blockers. There is obviously some bias here since Bauer pads just don't feel as connected for me as warrior (on ice) and brians (in store) have. In every measurable way Bauer leg pads blow the competition out of the water. It's the ways you can't see on paper that keep me from wearing their pads. And I don't really like bauer gloves. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

4 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

On the bright side, you’re getting a product that will last. The other nice thing on Brian’s is that you can get away with one glove (even their game ready is doable) and never feel a stinger rather than having to get a practice and game ready set.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Brian’s gloves and I think that it’s one of the things that they really excel in, and I personally think they really nailed it and crushed it out of the park with this one.

my breakdown for an nhl factory true set was 1k per glove, $750 per blocker, if that’s any solace

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

Yes

How do they compare? I’m liking the vapor 90 but the cuff is a little long on it. The Brian’s looks shorter like a warrior. I like the short cuff on the warriors that don’t interfere with my C/a

13 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

How do they compare? I’m liking the vapor 90 but the cuff is a little long on it. The Brian’s looks shorter like a warrior. I like the short cuff on the warriors that don’t interfere with my C/a

I'm not at the store till the weekend but I can grab some measurements if you'd like