Brian's Eclipse series

Snowman30

1 hour ago, Toobs said:

So I’d say the stiff flex iconiks are actually still a bit more flexy than the stock flex SLR4. The thigh is pretty similar in both, but the Iconik has more flex at the knee bend, despite the knee break I added on the SLR4. I also ordered the soft boot on the SLR4 but the boot on the Iconik is still significantly softer and more flexible.

The iconiks are also a bit thinner and lighter. 

What’s you ATK and size of your Brian’s? I have yet been able to try a set on but might pick up some optiks on SL. I’m currently in M Bauer M5 and hitting good on the stack maybe little high. I’ve read Brian’s run a little big so idk if a 34 will be too big. Their sizing chart puts me in a 33, I have 17.5 ATK maybe a hair over that. 

12 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

What’s you ATK and size of your Brian’s? I have yet been able to try a set on but might pick up some optiks on SL. I’m currently in M Bauer M5 and hitting good on the stack maybe little high. I’ve read Brian’s run a little big so idk if a 34 will be too big. Their sizing chart puts me in a 33, I have 17.5 ATK maybe a hair over that. 

I’m a 17.75 ish ATK. On the Gnetik I was middle to top 1/3 of knee block on a 33, and on the Iconik I’m right at the top of the block. Using a 33+1.5. They eliminated the big boot bump on the Gnetik so the iconiks fit a bit smaller, but probably only about a 1/2 inch or so. 33 works good.

Brians thigh rise is really where they get you… my +1.5 is 9 inches above the top of the knee block, which is the same as my true +2 thigh. My slr4s are like 8.75 above the knee on a +2, and some v10s I used are like 8.5ish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toobs said:

I’m a 17.75 ish ATK. On the Gnetik I was middle to top 1/3 of knee block on a 33, and on the Iconik I’m right at the top of the block. Using a 33+1.5. They eliminated the big boot bump on the Gnetik so the iconiks fit a bit smaller, but probably only about a 1/2 inch or so. 33 works good.

Brians thigh rise is really where they get you… my +1.5 is 9 inches above the top of the knee block, which is the same as my true +2 thigh. My slr4s are like 8.75 above the knee on a +2, and some v10s I used are like 8.5ish.

I want to make sure I’m understanding  correctly with your 17.75 ATK you are landing towards the top of the 33’s. So In Theory my 17.5 ATK would be pretty low in the 34 and 33 would be right about right for me? I kow there are factors that play into fitting. 

17 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

I want to make sure I’m understanding  correctly with your 17.75 ATK you are landing towards the top of the 33’s. So In Theory my 17.5 ATK would be pretty low in the 34 and 33 would be right about right for me? I kow there are factors that play into fitting. 

Correct. I definitely wouldn’t get a 34 if I were you, especially if you’re currently in a medium Bauer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UCLALabrat said:

You get a chance to put them on the ice? How the rebounds compare to the SLR4?

Yeah I’ve gotten both sets on the ice a few times. I’d say the rebounds are a bit hotter off the brians. After a few more skates with the Vaughn’s the rebounds actually feel pretty dead, especially for a stiff pad. I don’t mind that though, I’m old, sometimes I prefer just covering the puck haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever seen or had white embroidered thief eye on their catchers? Ive always liked and wanted the eyes on a catcher but I'm most likely going with an all black glove and have only seen black thread used for the eyes an fell like it wouldn't really show up on a black glove. 

44 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Has anyone ever seen or had white embroidered thief eye on their catchers? Ive always liked and wanted the eyes on a catcher but I'm most likely going with an all black glove and have only seen black thread used for the eyes an fell like it wouldn't really show up on a black glove. 

Well, it's Brians, so you can get them to do whatever you want. 

Though, they do typically put white thief eyes on their gear as a standard. Here's an image of a retail black Iconik with the eyes you're asking about. 

Capture.JPG.312e60bc86aae5a1a796914594018c7f.JPG

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well, it's Brians, so you can get them to do whatever you want. 

Though, they do typically put white thief eyes on their gear as a standard. Here's an image of a retail black Iconik with the eyes you're asking about. 

Capture.JPG.312e60bc86aae5a1a796914594018c7f.JPG

That still shows up i was googling around and trying to find a black glove that shows the eyes. I was talking about using white thread on the whole expression but from that picture it looks like the black thread still shows through pretty well. 

once again you pull through coop, now go get my pads on SL.

• Thanks 1