Bauer Konekt 2 2024

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

Had one break and have gotten nothing from the rep (to the shop in my area) thus far. I guess I should just go through Bauer directly or something?

I taped mine together with sock tape and it's been totally fine.

I emailed Bauer and they called me and asked for a couple pics, I sent them in and had a replacement the same week.  I dunno if I was lucky or they just liked the feet pics I included with the pictures of the damaged buckle.

I've yet to use the one they sent me, I plugged it with JB Weld and it's held for a year now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

Had one break and have gotten nothing from the rep (to the shop in my area) thus far. I guess I should just go through Bauer directly or something?

I taped mine together with sock tape and it's been totally fine.

I e-mailed Bauer directly (warranty.US@bauer.com). They asked for a picture, and then gave me a return shipping label for the broken buckle. Pretty painless. I think my first buckles broke within 3-4 months of getting the skates new. Got that replaced, then the buckle on the other skate broke. Haven't had issues with the replacements, so it seems whatever the flaw was, it was been remedied. Only issue I have now is the lower rack seems to wiggle a bit more than I would like.

12 hours ago, Kub29 said:

Different ones. I got one replacement from Bauer but it took me like 2 months and multiple emails.  The second by sheer luck from the goalie guy at my not so local monkeysports. Funny enough, that was a few weeks ago before I needed it. I asked since I was there and figured a spare would be good. Glad I did because I'm not sure on how long it would take bauer again. 

BTW, the epoxied one worked just fine. I'll probably do the same with the newly broken one and use them as emergency backups. 

Did you have any issues with the replacement? Or is that one still going strong?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I e-mailed Bauer directly (warranty.US@bauer.com). They asked for a picture, and then gave me a return shipping label for the broken buckle. Pretty painless. I think my first buckles broke within 3-4 months of getting the skates new. Got that replaced, then the buckle on the other skate broke. Haven't had issues with the replacements, so it seems whatever the flaw was, it was been remedied. Only issue I have now is the lower rack seems to wiggle a bit more than I would like.

Did you have any issues with the replacement? Or is that one still going strong?

I emailed their regular customer service email. Didn't know about the warranty one. They didn't ask for a picture,  just sent me the buckle. Actually now that I think about it, they didn't even ask me which buckle broke (top or bottom).

Haven't had any issue with that replacement buckle. We'll see if the other one holds up. 

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

"Hey Team, we need a new skate for 2024, any ideas on what we could improve?"

"Just paint the fucker black and call it a day" 

Capture.JPG

Looks like they added some extra holes on the top buckle to get that strap tighter, nice.  I had to drill out holes to get a better fight and I have some chunky ankles, can't imagine how much worse the v1's are for skinny legged folks

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new pair of 2022 Konekts for $600 CAD all in. They feel amazing. I have a 4E wide foot in New Balance sneakers and even without shims they feel great. Probably my only complaint is trying to get my ankle locked in but even when the boot is "loose" it still feels better and more stable than any other skate I've worn. This is the first skate that hasn't caused me pain, ever. 

Only question I have is - what is the little grey tool that was attached to the skate for? 

13 minutes ago, mossey3535 said:

Hey all, I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new pair of 2022 Konekts for $600 CAD all in. They feel amazing. I have a 4E wide foot in New Balance sneakers and even without shims they feel great. Probably my only complaint is trying to get my ankle locked in but even when the boot is "loose" it still feels better and more stable than any other skate I've worn. This is the first skate that hasn't caused me pain, ever. 

Only question I have is - what is the little grey tool that was attached to the skate for? 

The tool is for removing the blades from the holder.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...