Bauer Konekt 2 2024

On 1/5/2024 at 12:59 PM, MrGoalie said:

I have EE worth as well and agree most comfortable skate going. 

I'm more like a EEEE, so I've held off.   It'll be interesting to see what feedback comes out on these, as my True's are getting a little long in the tooth.   So far though, they've been the only option that fits at all comfortably.  

• Like 2

Is anyone wearing Konekts who have narrow feet?  My foot would be a C width.  I read that by molding them they can fit a narrower foot.  Just wondering if that is actually the case.  In custom Trues now but after 3 years they seem to be loosening up.  Had them rebaked too.  Considering my next pair of skates and Konekt on the radar if they can actually be molded to a narrow foot.

11 minutes ago, daffy said:

Is anyone wearing Konekts who have narrow feet?  My foot would be a C width.  I read that by molding them they can fit a narrower foot.  Just wondering if that is actually the case.  In custom Trues now but after 3 years they seem to be loosening up.  Had them rebaked too.  Considering my next pair of skates and Konekt on the radar if they can actually be molded to a narrow foot.

Had mine a season and a half. I'm between B and C width. They were great the first season but going into this year and through December the heel pocket got so loose that my heel would lift causing me to lose my edge more often and struggle with quick movements. Even rebaking the skates and adding pressure  to the heel while cooling did not fix this. The hinge also seems to bind a little more when molded to narrower feet. 

I'm now in some stock Eflex 6 skates and loving them. No heel lift, no pressure points after a week of skating in them, and the only thing I struggled with for a little was getting used to the lower cut boot. Now that I'm used to it I can get deeper and wider in my stance than I ever could with konekt. I do miss the consistency of putting on the konekts.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

3 hours ago, daffy said:

I’ve got a c width foot. These fit amazing. I don’t have any heel lift issues. I’ve only done the initial bake when I got them like 6 months ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daffy said:

I'm sub-C. I use them just fine but I did go down a size from 9 to 8 (I measure 8.25 and 8.5 and was using 8.75 Bauers)

• Like 1

I hope the lower buckles are more durable than the first gen ones. And if so, I hope they're backwards compatible because I just broke one again. Thankfully I have a back up.

So far that's the only complaint I have about the konekt. 

Edited by Kub29
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kub29 said:

I hope the lower buckles are more durable than the first gen ones. And if so, I hope they're backwards compatible because I just broke one again. Thankfully I have a back up.

So far that's the only complaint I have about the konekt. 

Seems most users have complained about the buckles durability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Seems most users have complained about the buckles durability. 

I still haven’t had any problems with the buckles on mine after almost a year being on the ice about three to four times a week. Though now that I just said that it will probably break on me tonight lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

I still haven’t had any problems with the buckles on mine after almost a year being on the ice about three to four times a week. Though now that I just said that it will probably break on me tonight lol

I've had no issue with the buckle durability but the holders loosened up a ton and the rivets feel like they have oval holes in the boot since I can move the holder side to side. 

In other words if you see some size 8 konekts with black holders on sidelineswap this spring, do not be tempted and do not buy them. 

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I've had no issue with the buckle durability but the holders loosened up a ton and the rivets feel like they have oval holes in the boot since I can move the holder side to side. 

In other words if you see some size 8 konekts with black holders on sidelineswap this spring, do not be tempted and do not buy them. 

ThatLemonSeller

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

ThatLemonSeller

Who would've guessed that when you put a plastic holder on a plastic boot designed for a position with a lot of lateral movement that things would go wrong. 

Still better than bauer putting a rubber outsole on the vapor player skates🙄

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Who would've guessed that when you put a plastic holder on a plastic boot designed for a position with a lot of lateral movement that things would go wrong. 

Still better than bauer putting a rubber outsole on the vapor player skates🙄

You're telling me a first generation Bauer product had design and durability issues? 

I would never think if see the day. 

Bauer products are always second/third generation items. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/6/2024 at 2:51 PM, Kub29 said:

I'm going to chime in also with the EE width and also weird flat but not flat arches. Konekts with yellow superfeet are the best feeling skates I've ever worn.

Thank god the new ones don't seem to change much thus my desire to throw more money away isn't there.

Also threw superfeet in mine and it does help a bunch. 

I also came from Bauer EE and then had four pairs of custom trues, and I have had zero issues with mine after baking correctly and a couple of minor tweaks. I am fortunate enough in the fact that I have access to a skate bake oven whenever I want, so baking a couple times was no big deal.

Elaborating on the “feeling flat” comment above, I believe it was Ullmark (could be wrong) who added spacers on the heel (similar to what true does on the back of theirs) in effort to get his Bauers to feel closer to the trues. This is something I’m currently looking into doing for myself as I feel very flat in my konekts.  

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're telling me a first generation Bauer product had design and durability issues? 

I would never think if see the day. 

Bauer products are always second/third generation items. 

I have early adopter syndrome, not just on hockey gear either. I have to live with this curse. 

As for the broken buckles, I've had them break twice in the same exact way. One side of the wire pops out of the holder. Fixable with epoxy but it loses some flex. I blame my fat feet. 

11 minutes ago, Kub29 said:

As for the broken buckles, I've had them break twice in the same exact way. One side of the wire pops out of the holder. Fixable with epoxy but it loses some flex. I blame my fat feet. 

When they broke, did you get replacements from Bauer? Or did you epoxy it and it broke again? Just curious.

20 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

When they broke, did you get replacements from Bauer? Or did you epoxy it and it broke again? Just curious.

Had one break and have gotten nothing from the rep (to the shop in my area) thus far. I guess I should just go through Bauer directly or something?

I taped mine together with sock tape and it's been totally fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Different ones. I got one replacement from Bauer but it took me like 2 months and multiple emails.  The second by sheer luck from the goalie guy at my not so local monkeysports. Funny enough, that was a few weeks ago before I needed it. I asked since I was there and figured a spare would be good. Glad I did because I'm not sure on how long it would take bauer again. 

BTW, the epoxied one worked just fine. I'll probably do the same with the newly broken one and use them as emergency backups.