What sticks have given you the best luck durability wise??

pfeiffjay54

Just snapped my Warrior V3i and looking at a new stick. The v3 wasn’t bad on durability but felt like it broke down quicker than others. I bought a Brian Elliott True 9x hoping for a good deal and it ended up being a super heavy foam core and not for me and my little arms at all. What are you guys using? 

10 hours ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

Went with a mach for a solid deal, hopefully this lasts past the juniors camps coming up

Not sure what paddle size you use but if you can start getting into pro returns they have far outlasted my retail sticks. Also custom sticks from Bauer have always done well for me.

14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Not sure what paddle size you use but if you can start getting into pro returns they have far outlasted my retail sticks. Also custom sticks from Bauer have always done well for me.

For sure next stick will be pro stock, just needed something with a warranty for now so if it breaks I can get a new one. My backup v2pro+ is on its last legs and probably wouldn’t last more than a few skates

On 3/30/2024 at 8:41 PM, pfeiffjay54 said:

Went with a mach for a solid deal, hopefully this lasts past the juniors camps coming up

I was honestly a big fan of the senior line Bauers I custom ordered a few years ago when Ultrasonic was the high end.  I think they were tagged 3S? 

Really good pop when playing the puck and they were tanks. 

Have had pretty bad luck with Bauers otherwise (2S: broken spine, Hyperlite: holes in paddle).

10 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I was honestly a big fan of the senior line Bauers I custom ordered a few years ago when Ultrasonic was the high end.  I think they were tagged 3S? 

Have had pretty bad luck with Bauers otherwise (2S: broken spine, Hyperlite: holes in paddle).

Was gonna go with an m5 until I saw Machs were 200. Was really impressed with it I forgot how nice they were

4 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I had the same issue recently with my pro stock Hyperlite and a crack off the top of the paddle recently. 

15 minutes ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

This one was just so heavy not sure why, I’ve loved foam cores in the past. 

Dude I played some street hockey with my kids the other day and used one of my old foam cores.

Thing felt like it was made of bricks.

My AllBlackHockeySticks / HockeyStickMan blackout sticks have been beasts durability wise.  Haven't broken one or had any major chips in them.  They go dead and loose their pop well before they would break in my experience.  But even then I get a solid year or 18 months before they go flat.  For the price and their weight and durability, they are very hard to beat for me.  Before these I used custom CCM Premier 1 and was very very happy with them as well.  But with the price point and performance of the blackout sticks it would be hard for me to go back.

I have good experience with Bauer M5Pro - durability/weight/performance. Bauer models with "spine" are not my cup of tea - tried it, was not that much impresed.   

Edited by mik

On 4/2/2024 at 3:46 PM, xmikex32 said:

Where are you finding machs for $200?

Peranis in bloomfield hills Michigan, probably discounts for the shadow stick just earlier. I’d check the peranis site and see if you’re interested

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mik said:

I have good experience with Bauer M5Pro - durability/weight/performance. Bauer models with "spine" are not my cup of tea - tried it, was not that much impresed.   

Yeah, we're talking maybe 100mg difference in weight at this point between Shadow/Mach and X5?

It's like $1 per mg cost savings by going with the lower line, and the mid line Bauers are extremely solid

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Yeah, we're talking maybe 100mg difference in weight at this point between Shadow/Mach and X5?

It's like $1 per mg cost savings by going with the lower line, and the mid line Bauers are extremely solid

You can definitely feel they are lighter and shoots puck realy well, but on the other side, I take lot of shots to the stick in place under the blocker, just where sticks with "spine" usualy break. And I don´t like them visually, but that is my problem 😄.

3 hours ago, mik said:

You can definitely feel they are lighter and shoots puck realy well, but on the other side, I take lot of shots to the stick in place under the blocker, just where sticks with "spine" usualy break. And I don´t like them visually, but that is my problem 😄.

That’s what made my v3, and v2 crack C8EC0B52-985C-489B-9938-86A6A98B1F38.thumb.jpeg.f85a20b0f4b27331d7f3e746938aa733.jpeg

maybe a blok/paddle wedge could help that area?

Just tried the mach and I love this thing, has a ton of pop and almost too light because I’m not used to it yet. The material feels almost slippery catching pucks where there isn’t tape which is kinda weird there probably isn’t really a difference there though that’s prob just me. And I got a tiny crack on the top edge of the blade worrying me. Hopefully holds up and performs the same as it did yesterday for the next while

4 hours ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

Just tried the mach and I love this thing, has a ton of pop and almost too light because I’m not used to it yet. The material feels almost slippery catching pucks where there isn’t tape which is kinda weird there probably isn’t really a difference there though that’s prob just me. And I got a tiny crack on the top edge of the blade worrying me. Hopefully holds up and performs the same as it did yesterday for the next while

Coming off a Warrior - IMO the grip they have where the paddle meets the shaft actually makes the stick feel even lighter in your hand