Calling all TSWD

fever9990

8 minutes ago, fever9990 said:

reading is fundamental, like I said, the few.

To be honest, I was a huge goalie fan when toe straps were the ONLY thing going. I’m late to the goalering game though, so my comment was in jest. I wear Pro Laces, and I’m fairly certain that I’m a shittier goalie than anyone (whether it’s 2, 3, or more) that is rocking toe straps like bosses. But I love the position, and love the game!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

To be honest, I was a huge goalie fan when toe straps were the ONLY thing going. I’m late to the goalering game though, so my comment was in jest. I wear Pro Laces, and I’m fairly certain that I’m a shittier goalie than anyone (whether it’s 2, 3, or more) that is rocking toe straps like bosses. But I love the position, and love the game!

Sorry L P, didn't mean anything with my comment, I just forgot to add these 😉 😛

• Like 1

I asked John Brown to build me a set of pads that looked old tyme traditional but without toe straps, planned on upping my game and learning to slide.

It did not go well. After a few months of frustration I contacted John. He suggested that I remove the toe ties and install some straps.

I gave up on my short lived attempt to be a “Slider” and my game immediately improved.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1667f.thumb.jpg.4c191a9ed1936c114263971d78055f47.jpg548AE527-DE45-416D-9AFE-3CA64DD56E6A.thumb.jpeg.a7c29f9bb33695ded8247d3a906a5779.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wonder35 said:

I asked John Brown to build me a set of pads that looked old tyme traditional but without toe straps, planned on upping my game and learning to slide.

It did not go well. After a few months of frustration I contacted John. He suggested that I remove the toe ties and install some straps.

I gave up on my short lived attempt to be a “Slider” and my game immediately improved.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1667f.thumb.jpg.4c191a9ed1936c114263971d78055f47.jpg548AE527-DE45-416D-9AFE-3CA64DD56E6A.thumb.jpeg.a7c29f9bb33695ded8247d3a906a5779.jpeg

Total respect for the old time leather toe straps and even more respect for the old goalie 😉

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

Thank you but since retired. I played my final game on March 29, 2024, age 74.

Once a goalie, always a goalie. Retired just gives you more time to share more of your experiences and pics with the big bunch of wannabe Wonder's here🙂 😉

33 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

Thank you but since retired. I played my final game on March 29, 2024, age 74.

• Like 1

I retired a few times from hockey.

I also watched a few KISS farewell tours. Think there is another one coming this year.

Just making you smile, Wonder... You know you'll get a text from your buddies when they are in a pinch for a goalie. You'll be feeling good having not played in a while, you'll say 'I got one more in me'. Why not.... retirement over.

I want to put on my gravestone something about "No, I can't play tonight, I'm dead!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4