Hello. I know most of you aren’t fans of the certified cat eye cage, bottom line, it works for me and I like it, so... 

my CCM mask isn’t working for me, period. I’ve been trying to get a mask done with OTNY but over two weeks ago they said their new foam will be approved... over two weeks ago. I’m not quick to blame OTNY on this by any means as I feel it’s probably whoever is supplying the foam not giving them the approval right now, and Maltese doesn’t supply to them anymore

Anyway, enough of the drama. First things first, as far as I know OTNY is one of the only aftermarket mask companies that has a certified cat eye cage. I’m open to any aftermarket company at this point (Masked Marvel, Warwick, etc.) but it doesn’t appear you can get a certified cat eye

Is there any way they could possibly make me a cage if they don’t have it in stock? I know this is a lengthy request, but I need this done fairly soon so I can get a vinyl wrap done but more importantly protect my head lol.

if you guys have any advice I’d appreciate it a lot, thank you. 

OTNY is also one of if not the only goalie cagemaker out there. All the mask companies big and small buy all there cages from them. It wouldn't be easy or even feasible for the smaller companies to make or even offer a one off cage for you as they aren't easy to make. 

I understand you mask right now isn't working but what is the problem? Your going to have to bear with it until OTNY/Goalie parts gets the new ECO foam ready. Last I knew the 24th of August it was supposed to be ready for aftermarket shipping. It's also the reason why Maltese has stopped suppling them too as they are making it as lighter and more softer product then Maltese and are now in direct competition with Maltese.

10 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

OTNY is also one of if not the only goalie cagemaker out there. All the mask companies big and small buy all there cages from them. It wouldn't be easy or even feasible for the smaller companies to make or even offer a one off cage for you as they aren't easy to make. 

I understand you mask right now isn't working but what is the problem? Your going to have to bear with it until OTNY/Goalie parts gets the new ECO foam ready. Last I knew the 24th of August it was supposed to be ready for aftermarket shipping. It's also the reason why Maltese has stopped suppling them too as they are making it as lighter and more softer product then Maltese and are now in direct competition with Maltese 

Yes, cages aren’t easy to make. I know that. You’re right, it’s not ethical or easy but I thought I would ask anyways.

also, what are my issues with my mask besides it not really fitting me? It seemed fine when I first got it. Then I got more and more ringers as time went on, probably from it not being snug to my forehead. 

So yes, I obviously have to deal with my current mask until they have the eco foam in stock. It’s just a little frustrating waiting with a mask that barely fits you. Thank you for your response. I got a lot of info from that I didn’t know before, so I appreciate it

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yes, cages aren’t easy to make. I know that. You’re right, it’s not ethical or easy but I thought I would ask anyways.

also, what are my issues with my mask besides it not really fitting me? It seemed fine when I first got it. Then I got more and more ringers as time went on, probably from it not being snug to my forehead. 

So yes, I obviously have to deal with my current mask until they have the eco foam in stock. It’s just a little frustrating waiting with a mask that barely fits you. Thank you for your response. I got a lot of info from that I didn’t know before, so I appreciate it

what size is your mask rn? you could try replacing the current foams in your mask with the maltese ones, ive heard from tomy ames (goaliecreasenetwork) that they are crazy comfortable, you could also try a bigger mask, like if ur in a medium go to a large, or if ur in a large go to an xl, if you have the cash. if you dont have the cash to get a new bucket the maltese kit is somewhere around 100$ if i remember correct. 

Tomy said that the mask he replaced the foams inside w maltese foams didnt really fit him well and when he put the maltese kit in them that it was a night and day difference and that the comfort got way better and the mask fit him much more comfortably,

6 hours ago, Max27 said:

what size is your mask rn? you could try replacing the current foams in your mask with the maltese ones, ive heard from tomy ames (goaliecreasenetwork) that they are crazy comfortable, you could also try a bigger mask, like if ur in a medium go to a large, or if ur in a large go to an xl, if you have the cash. if you dont have the cash to get a new bucket the maltese kit is somewhere around 100$ if i remember correct. 

Tomy said that the mask he replaced the foams inside w maltese foams didnt really fit him well and when he put the maltese kit in them that it was a night and day difference and that the comfort got way better and the mask fit him much more comfortably,

I have a very small head, so it’s a size small, and I was thinking of switching the foam I just haven’t had the time to do it yet. I definitely will if there’s more of a delay with ECO foam

Archived