Nash Pad Rotator System

seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Fair enough.  I guess I'm just wondering if that affects durability or functionality. 

I've handled the Nash version, but never used it. I personally use the Pro Laces and there is a big difference in physical size. The Pro Laces bungee cord is much thicker and feels more durable over the Nash version. The Jenpro tabs for the Pro Laces are also much bigger and thicker, which lets you get a more positive velcro attachment. With the Nash product, I'd be a little worried about the cord getting cut by a skate or the Jenpro tabs ripping (over time). I don't have any such worries with the Pro Laces,

I got the ones from FixMyGear.  Similar to the build of the Nash version if not the same thing.  Haven't had any issues in almost a year and since I prefer a thinner cord, I was able to swap in some 1/8" which I bought 50' of on Amazon for $7. 

I had a set of ProLaces and felt they were way too thick and didn't stretch very easily which pretty much defeats the purpose of using bungee cord over lace.  Definitely liked the thicker tabs and velcro, but since they stitch in the cord, I couldn't use them.

53 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I've handled the Nash version, but never used it. I personally use the Pro Laces and there is a big difference in physical size. The Pro Laces bungee cord is much thicker and feels more durable over the Nash version. The Jenpro tabs for the Pro Laces are also much bigger and thicker, which lets you get a more positive velcro attachment. With the Nash product, I'd be a little worried about the cord getting cut by a skate or the Jenpro tabs ripping (over time). I don't have any such worries with the Pro Laces,

8 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I got the ones from FixMyGear.  Similar to the build of the Nash version if not the same thing.  Haven't had any issues in almost a year and since I prefer a thinner cord, I was able to swap in some 1/8" which I bought 50' of on Amazon for $7. 

I had a set of ProLaces and felt they were way too thick and didn't stretch very easily which pretty much defeats the purpose of using bungee cord over lace.  Definitely liked the thicker tabs and velcro, but since they stitch in the cord, I couldn't use them.

Super helpful, thanks guys.

I think the price and availability of Pro Laces is kind of a bummer and was looking at alternatives available here in the US and the Nash ones are available right now on GoalieMonkey.

I’m currently using a set. I’ve used for about 20 skates now and the Velcro has never come undone or even looked like it would come undone. The only problem was the knot came undone where the bungee goes thru the leather tab and ties in a knot. But that was my own fault for not checking it. Overall it’s a good product and I would recommend it. 

1 hour ago, Matt35 said:

I’m currently using a set. I’ve used for about 20 skates now and the Velcro has never come undone or even looked like it would come undone. The only problem was the knot came undone where the bungee goes thru the leather tab and ties in a knot. But that was my own fault for not checking it. Overall it’s a good product and I would recommend it. 

That's really helpful, thanks Matt.

Question: so the chord is laced through the toe bridge like a normal skate lace, which means that one end of the chord has to be open ended.  How is that end reattached to the velcro tab?

If you have time and ability to post real-life pics of yours, that'd be great to see.

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Question: so the chord is laced through the toe bridge like a normal skate lace, which means that one end of the chord has to be open ended.  How is that end reattached to the velcro tab?

If you have time and ability to post real-life pics of yours, that'd be great to see. 

Like the Monster HALs, the velcro tabs have a hole punched in them. You put the free end of the cord through the hole and tie it. I believe the Nash systems include washers so the knot you make won't easily slip through the hole, which was an issue I had on my Monster HAL.

The Pro Laces has the cord sewn in to the velcro tab and that is why you're forced to use their little toe bridge attachment. With the Nash and Monster systems, you're able to thread it through your existing toe bridge because the cord ends don't have the tabs attached already.

4 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Like the Monster HALs, the velcro tabs have a hole punched in them. You put the free end of the cord through the hole and tie it. I believe the Nash systems include washers so the knot you make won't easily slip through the hole, which was an issue I had on my Monster HAL.

The Pro Laces has the cord sewn in to the velcro tab and that is why you're forced to use their little toe bridge attachment. With the Nash and Monster systems, you're able to thread it through your existing toe bridge because the cord ends don't have the tabs attached already.

Great to know, thank for clearing that up for me. 

I'm on the cusp of being sold on these.  I do have a sliding toe bridge on my pads so for now, at least, I'd be installing these onto the slider.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

No worries. So yeah, the cord laces thru the toe bridge like normal and then thru the hole punched in the Velcro tab and then it ties in a knot. They do come with a leather washer as well. Just make sure to tighten up the knots every few games. 

788D8ABC-B87B-4702-BFD9-B5F74040EA91.png

19 hours ago, seagoal said:

Super helpful, thanks guys.

I think the price and availability of Pro Laces is kind of a bummer and was looking at alternatives available here in the US and the Nash ones are available right now on GoalieMonkey.

FixMyGear has theirs on Amazon if your a Prime junkie like me...can't beat 2-day free shipping :D

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 8:24 PM, Matt35 said:

No worries. So yeah, the cord laces thru the toe bridge like normal and then thru the hole punched in the Velcro tab and then it ties in a knot. They do come with a leather washer as well. Just make sure to tighten up the knots every few games. 

788D8ABC-B87B-4702-BFD9-B5F74040EA91.png

if you want to make sure it never comes undone one drop of super glue will do it justice to keep the knot together

On 11/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Practically, they are the basically the same thing as Monster HALs or Pro Laces.

Physically, the tabs are pretty small, smaller than HALs and the bungee is thinner than the HALs, too, I believe.

Pro Laces are probably most robust incarnation of this type of product.

The nash one is actually thicker bungee that the monster as I have both in my store.  I'm trying out the nash one tomorrow so I can chime in a little bit more.  I trimmed the cord on the nash one as well cause the stock cord is just too long!

23 hours ago, thebigm said:

if you want to make sure it never comes undone one drop of super glue will do it justice to keep the knot together

The nash one is actually thicker bungee that the monster as I have both in my store.  I'm trying out the nash one tomorrow so I can chime in a little bit more.  I trimmed the cord on the nash one as well cause the stock cord is just too long!

Good call on the super glue. I’ll give it a go

No experience with the bungee cord, but the jenpro tabs have held up well for about a year now. So much better than tying laces on top of your boot.

Tabs are just the right size to slip through the Bauer Vertexx holder easily and they tuck away well for storage on the G4’s.

Would definitely get another set when these wear out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived