Sher-Wood BPM150

TheGoalNet

Thanks for this review. This stick is amazing and like you said, pucks fly off this thing. From my personal experience, no matter where the puck hits the stick, it flies off of it, and I barely feel anything.

Id also like to note that even if its lower and less expensive model, the bpm120, and it doesn’t havethe graphene but the shaft still holds up extremely well. If any of you are on a budget than look no further. Of course if you have the money I 100% recommend the BPM150 to anyone

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Video Review

So in spite of having said in another thread that sticks were probably my least important piece of equipment, I loved watching this video. I have the BPM 120 - and love it, so much so that I went and bought another at a special price (which turned out to be an error, but I still got 2 sticks for $180 CAN tax in!)

Given how much well-informed detail you go into in your review, and how much research you've done, I thought I might ask you: what precisely are the differences between the Pro 150 and the 120? Obviously the price is different, but could you go into a bit of detail of construction and materials?

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So in spite of having said in another thread that sticks were probably my least important piece of equipment, I loved watching this video. I have the BPM 120 - and love it, so much so that I went and bought another at a special price (which turned out to be an error, but I still got 2 sticks for $180 CAN tax in!)

Given how much well-informed detail you go into in your review, and how much research you've done, I thought I might ask you: what precisely are the differences between the Pro 150 and the 120? Obviously the price is different, but could you go into a bit of detail of construction and materials?

Weight and materials is the layup answer. 

No Graphene is one of the items. 

@southpawtendy48 can you share the weight of your stick and the paddle size? 

8 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Went to buy one from the hockey shop and they are all gone as they went to clearance sale as apparently they aren't going to carry them anymore or Sherwood has discounted them.

Interesting.

I did some digging on this after your post. Seems like Sher-Wood lost most of their brand power and many stores had given up on them. The kids were not coming in and asking their dads for the latest Sher-wood. They want 2S or CR1, etc

When Canadian Tire bought Sher-Wood, they asked all the retailers to update their accounts and register with Canadian Tire purchasing. Most companies didn't feel like dealing with it or didn't want to support a "competitor".

Canadian Tire's website does not show any of the BPM line as available for sale...

47 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Interesting.

I did some digging on this after your post. Seems like Sher-Wood lost most of their brand power and many stores had given up on them. The kids were not coming in and asking their dads for the latest Sher-wood. They want 2S or CR1, etc

When Canadian Tire bought Sher-Wood, they asked all the retailers to update their accounts and register with Canadian Tire purchasing. Most companies didn't feel like dealing with it or didn't want to support a "competitor".

Canadian Tire's website does not show any of the BPM line as available for sale...

Pretty much the death of the brand I think. Crappy tire is just going to use the name to make budget and low end gear/sticks. They won't invest the time and money for big budget/pro lines. 

I just bought one of these twigs at Sport Rousseau here in Montreal - they are part of the Canadian Tire Group and I was told that they will be selling the Sherwood BPM moving forward. 

Moving forward in Canada you should be able to get them at Rousseau in Quebec and Hockey Experts/Trio Hockey in the rest of Canada!

Long live Sherwood !!

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

I just bought one of these twigs at Sport Rousseau here in Montreal - they are part of the Canadian Tire Group and I was told that they will be selling the Sherwood BPM moving forward. 

Moving forward in Canada you should be able to get them at Rousseau in Quebec and Hockey Experts/Trio Hockey in the rest of Canada!

Long live Sherwood !!

But if I understand what you’re saying... limited to the Canadian Tire group? 

Sport Chek and Pro Hockey Life are also Canadian Tire group too. This is starting to make more sense. The BPM150 could be like Titan at Pure Goalie or Koho at Goalie Monkey. I thought Canadian Tire only had low end stores.

9 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Was at PHL trying to warranty my CR1 today, of course the entire company has no stock left and I only have 9 more days to go before i'm pooched on it however Heartland PHL had about 10 150's and 10 120's in stock, in case anyone is looking.

Isn't your warranty with Warrior? Make PHL record the claim, and order you one.

No idea. The store was calling every store in the country trying to find one. I find it really odd that they haven't had a new shipment of sticks in about 3 weeks. I ended up buying a CR2 for the meantime. One way or another I'll be getting a replacement stick even if it means they have to refund me and I buy something else ( policy is you stay within brand on a warranty).

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Because my CCM P2 got cracked and I am saving that for Games, I have been using this stick a ton lately. I love the hot rebounds. I think I might cut a custom grip in this and make it my gamer...

Is it hard to cut a custom grip on a composite? I’d be interested to hear more about this.

• 8 months later...

Archived