Bootstraps

I had the bootstrap so loose, once I moved to HAL/bungee toe lace, I took off the bootstraps and I didn't notice any issues. And I liked the freedom it gave my ankles. This was on my Vaughn V5's.

I do have the elastic boot straps coming with my new Passau's, so interested to see how that feels.

The basic function of bungee laces negates the basic function of a boot strap.

So does the basic function of a professor strap, which also negates a boot strap. 

You could use both..... or all 3 (professor strap).  Nothing wrong with that.  But, if you're committed to the full functionality of bungee toe ties, you don't need a boot strap and having one will prevent full functionality of those toe ties.

There are a ton of goalies in the NHL using pad setups that have contradictory functionalities.  It's fine, it just depends on how committed to one feature you are.

I use hal toe ties. I use to wear my boot strap with enough slack to keep my foot in the boot channel when extending my leg, but enough for ankle mobility. Once I removed the boot strap i noticed that toe box to post was easier than w/ it in rvh.

9 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

I use the stock elastic straps that come with the Warrior pads for both the toe and the boot.  I find it is the best of both worlds.  My ankles, knees, and hips are fine, but the pad returns to its proper place after I butterfly.

The Warrior way of doing toe ties is definitely the best I've used. So much so that I took the elastic straps off my old Warrior pads and am using them on my current Brian's - they still work great.

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

The basic function of bungee laces negates the basic function of a boot strap.

So does the basic function of a professor strap, which also negates a boot strap. 

You could use both..... or all 3 (professor strap).  Nothing wrong with that.  But, if you're committed to the full functionality of bungee toe ties, you don't need a boot strap and having one will prevent full functionality of those toe ties.

There are a ton of goalies in the NHL using pad setups that have contradictory functionalities.  It's fine, it just depends on how committed to one feature you are.

This couldn't be more true.  It depends on what your looking for.  I like my pads (Warrior GT Pros) to ride up and seal my 5 hole.  I have Pro Laces and no boot strap.  I initally was using the elastic boot thru my Lundy Loop but found it was too snug.  Same with the ARS toe straps.  Zero issues around rotation or pad reset and a ton of relief on my joints.

Archived