1X Skate Ankle Padding Breakdown

Matt35

I’ve been using a pair of 1X skates for about a year now, and the padding on the inside of my right ankle has broken down. The left skate is still soft and cushiony, right one is hard. I had to pad my ankle with foam to get through the end of the season, but I need a permanent fix. Not sure if anyone else has experienced something like this or knows where to get a repair done. Any help is much appreciated!

Hey Matt,

I see you’re listed as “Ontario.” If you’re in/around Ottawa, or willing to make the trek, go to B.K. Sports Repair. I haven’t used them myself, but here in Ottawa they have an unbelievable reputation of excellence. I even had guys at a goalie store tell me that instead of possibly buying new pads from them, I should go ask BK if they could do a surgery on my current pads! 

And they do skates:

http://www.bksportsrepair.com/skate.html

Hope this helps, buddy!

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hey Matt,

I see you’re listed as “Ontario.” If you’re in/around Ottawa, or willing to make the trek, go to B.K. Sports Repair. I haven’t used them myself, but here in Ottawa they have an unbelievable reputation of excellence. I even had guys at a goalie store tell me that instead of possibly buying new pads from them, I should go ask BK if they could do a surgery on my current pads! 

And they do skates:

http://www.bksportsrepair.com/skate.html

Hope this helps, buddy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m north of Toronto, so that’s a bit of a hike for me. I will keep it in mind though. I figure there should be someone in the GTA that can do it. I’m just worried about my skates getting butchered. 

2 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m north of Toronto, so that’s a bit of a hike for me. I will keep it in mind though. I figure there should be someone in the GTA that can do it. I’m just worried about my skates getting butchered. 

Depending on who you ask, Ottawa is sometimes considered “GTA-East” - lol!

Understand your concern; lots of members from the (real) GTA on here though, so I’m sure you’ll get some good suggestions. Oh, and don’t forget to mention game 7... 😁

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Depending on who you ask, Ottawa is sometimes considered “GTA-East” - lol!

Understand your concern; lots of members from the (real) GTA on here though, so I’m sure you’ll get some good suggestions. Oh, and don’t forget to mention game 7... 😁

Haha! For sure. There’s a few places I have in mind, just not sure how their work on skates would be. 

As a Leaf fan I have developed a really great short term memory. And have come to expect heartbreak every spring!

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

That's no good for such an expensive purchase. I'm in the market now for new skates, thinking 2x or ccms 🤔🤔🤔

For sure, I’m a pretty disappointed. Also the stock steel they come with aren’t worth skating on, had to replace them as well. Luckily I got them on a good sale, but still. I have about 60 skates on them. Skate 1 thru 55 were awesome though! I would consider True if looking at high end skates again. 

4 hours ago, Matt35 said:

For sure, I’m a pretty disappointed. Also the stock steel they come with aren’t worth skating on, had to replace them as well. Luckily I got them on a good sale, but still. I have about 60 skates on them. Skate 1 thru 55 were awesome though! I would consider True if looking at high end skates again. 

Lots of ppl saying that the True skate materials break up pretty quickly. 

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to 1X Skate Ankle Padding Breakdown

Archived