Vaughn V7 XF Pro Carbon C&A

20 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

What are your thoughts on it?

Well I can't really compare it to anything currently because I haven't used any other current unit.

I've only ever used Vaughn chesties the whole time I've played which is about 25ish years.

I've had this one for about 3 years and it's fine.  I find it lightweight and mobile and it generally does what it's supposed to. 

I've added padding to the forearms because I took a really hard shot just lower than the midpoint on my glove side forearm and now it's perfectly protective and I have no complaints.

I've never taken a stinger anywhere on the body or upper arm.  

• 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Anyone know how to move the arm floaters up the arm? The floater are about 4 inches up from the wrist strap but they hit my gloves and push them off my hands. (I have to send pics of my v7 chesty later cuz I’m at school now)

Your arms are too short. Welcome to the club.

Not super familiar with newer Vaughn C/A's, but are you still not able to adjust the arm length on them?

You can mess with the velcro on the back to kind of bring the top of the shoulder floaters down and in which in turn will bring the arms up a little bit higher. Other than that if you know someone who can sew you just pinch the top of the arm up and sew in a line to shorten them. I've been debating doing that on my VE8 since I have the same issue as you with it getting in the way of my glove sometimes but I'm also looking at trying to find a new spec chest protector to try out so I haven't gone through with it yet.

19 minutes ago, wox33 said:

You can mess with the velcro on the back to kind of bring the top of the shoulder floaters down and in which in turn will bring the arms up a little bit higher. Other than that if you know someone who can sew you just pinch the top of the arm up and sew in a line to shorten them. I've been debating doing that on my VE8 since I have the same issue as you with it getting in the way of my glove sometimes but I'm also looking at trying to find a new spec chest protector to try out so I haven't gone through with it yet.

Would sewing them up be the best temporary solution?

8 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Anyone know how to move the arm floaters up the arm? The floater are about 4 inches up from the wrist strap but they hit my gloves and push them off my hands. (I have to send pics of my v7 chesty later cuz I’m at school now)

I haven't seen this specific unit, but if it is anything like a typical Vaughn, it uses either air knit or nylon mesh sewn-in arm sleeves.

You can shorten the arms by pinching the loose material in the upper arm above the bicep pad and running a stitch line through it.  A Speed Stitcher works very well for this, and you can release the seam when you grow into it a bit more.

If you have the air knit, I recommend adding a layer of nylon or jenpro and stitching through that.  Air knit does not hold a stitch very well and it could tear out.

Archived