4-3 Shootout Win

Teezle

In our league, we do a 5 man shootout if it is tied after 3 periods. I stopped all five shots in the shootout for the win! The other goalie played really well, too - my team only scored once in the shootout. I don't have a GoPro or youtube, so I pulled the clips from Livebarn which is at the rink. Not the greatest quality, but I'm too excited about the victory :)

Shootout saves:

https://www.livebarn.com/en/videoshare?vid=LjQtdMV_2FgZD4SoiAWGI4jOTKnR7Jd0n6oapD1VpLqd46evVCdV_2B2Kjngu1yQNmZMI7Rg9MzTkdCt8fSuPCRFirzPJaqhpy4BncsefE1FuoOG3oghBCkYbXTq5JOJRwC2G6ewQJbb9Z0_2BVdmla6IOQoaLO3cWRzZq&dt=2019-06-03T20:29&t=548977&d=30000&pano=4

A couple other good saves from the second period:

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

Cool. Never heard of "Live Barn", looks like a good idea tho. Do you gotta pay for it?

There's a monthly subscription, which lets you watch all the video and generate 30 second clips. I think a higher tier of subscription lets you download it as well. But it gives you access to every camera at every rink they have (unless private or turned off). All of the rinks in Houston have it, so I can go back and look at any game I've played in for the last month or so. It's a pretty neat feature.

• 2 months later...
Another shootout win last night! My team really bailed me out last night - I had a good first period, and then an absolutely awful second where I let in three pretty grabage goals that I definitely should have stopped. We were up 2-1 going into the second period and ended it down 4-2 (bleh). But we regrouped in the third and I had some good saves, including this series on a 3-on-1:

We got a goal relatively early in the third period to pull within one, and then I went to the bench with about a minute left in the game. I think this is the first time I've ever actually had a team score the tying goal when I pulled myself for a sixth skater:

Because it was tied at the end of regulation, we go to a 5-round shootout. They score on the first one:

But I stop the next four and we score on our second and third shots to win the shootout 2-1!

So I ended up redeeming myself for that terrible second period because we won the game (5-4, F/SO), but next time I'll try not to do it in such dramatic fashion.

We only do OT the the playoffs, but in this league regular season games can't end in a tie, so it's a 5 round shootout if it's tied at the end of 3 periods. A 3-on-3 wouldn't work for us because of the league rule that each team has to have at least 2 players who are 40+ on the ice at all times.

8 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Didn't have a chance to watch all of them yet - you're pretty good! - but your right D on the 3 on 1 needs to watch this too. Terrible pinch at the other team's blue line.

Would it really be beer league if he didn't do that? :)

Archived