Jump to content

Lead time on Backpack 2.0 ??


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 6:40 AM, mckinneymagnum said:

Looking at the Backpack 2.0 bag but wanted to know if there is a long lead time when ordered. Assuming it's coming from Canada so didn't know if they need to be built after order or are they in stock and ready to ship. I'm in Texas and would need it fairly quickly.

Anyone know?

I have a 1.0 backpack, first run with the shower bag.  A couple seams have ripped, but I have stitched them right back.

Let me know if you're interested, I can fire some pics over and I'd obviously get you a much better price than buying brand new.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 6:29 PM, Chenner29 said:

I have a 1.0 backpack, first run with the shower bag.  A couple seams have ripped, but I have stitched them right back.

Let me know if you're interested, I can fire some pics over and I'd obviously get you a much better price than buying brand new.

Just saw your post. I appreciate it but already pulled the trigger on a 2.0 over the weekend. Thx!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the beast in the mail...man o man this thing is AWESOME! Already packed & unpacked it 3 times to figure out what works best for my gear. 35+2 Gnetik IVs, SZ 2 Chest (Large), Vaughn Pants (Large), Glove, Block, Clothes Bag, Bottles and extra stuff (laces, tape, tools, etc.). So far, all of it fits with a bit to spare. Also fits perfectly in the hatch of our Honda CR-V. 

All loaded up this bag feels great on the back and I look fwd to using it next week. No more lugging a carry bag on one shoulder, leg pads draped over the other and two sticks and trying to walk through small doorways into the rink and locker rooms! LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 3:56 PM, Patrick Roy's Wink said:

Any chance you can upload a pic of how you packed your gear? I plan on getting a new bag in the next few months.

Thanks!

There are multiple ways to do it and if you go on our social media we've posted pics previously.  I also did a video on this over a year ago in the Passau FB group (not the official page but the FB group).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The new version is way way way improved over the first version. The only issue I've had is that the chest buckle kept popping open so I just replaced that. Looking at it closer, the "prongs" that hold a side-release buckle closed are pretty rounded. I replaced with a Sea to Summit field replacement buckle and no more issues. The craftsmanship and stitching is significantly improved from the first version, too. And they've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into reinforcing the shoulder straps (which is what tore on my v1). Great bag, and it's massive and easily holds everything including leg pads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:00 AM, IPv6Freely said:

The new version is way way way improved over the first version. The only issue I've had is that the chest buckle kept popping open so I just replaced that. Looking at it closer, the "prongs" that hold a side-release buckle closed are pretty rounded. I replaced with a Sea to Summit field replacement buckle and no more issues. The craftsmanship and stitching is significantly improved from the first version, too. And they've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into reinforcing the shoulder straps (which is what tore on my v1). Great bag, and it's massive and easily holds everything including leg pads. 

Having the same issue with the chest buckle. It connects but then pops open immediately. I just quit using it. 

Used the bag for a road trip hockey tourney this past week and it was AWESOME...so easy to carry to/from the locker room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:32 AM, mckinneymagnum said:

Having the same issue with the chest buckle. It connects but then pops open immediately. I just quit using it. 

Used the bag for a road trip hockey tourney this past week and it was AWESOME...so easy to carry to/from the locker room.

I need to use it or the shoulder straps slip off my shoulders. Maybe the bag is meant for taller guys (and therefore much wider shoulders)? 

I cut the buckle off and replaced it with this (since it wouldn't require any re-stitching to insert it): https://www.rei.com/product/850233/sea-to-summit-2-pin-side-release-field-repair-buckle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I need to use it or the shoulder straps slip off my shoulders. Maybe the bag is meant for taller guys (and therefore much wider shoulders)? 

I cut the buckle off and replaced it with this (since it wouldn't require any re-stitching to insert it): https://www.rei.com/product/850233/sea-to-summit-2-pin-side-release-field-repair-buckle 

I like that idea...nice find! I think I'll do the same. Did you get the .75" or the 1" size?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 10:07 AM, mckinneymagnum said:

I like that idea...nice find! I think I'll do the same. Did you get the .75" or the 1" size?

I think it's 3/4", its actually on Amazon too if thats easier/better: (link removed because its the wrong one)

EDIT: Actually I'd have to check... I'm not sure if you want the one with pins on both sides or just one side.

EDITx2: You need one that is adjustable on one side, and pin on the other. Still Sea to Summit brand. like this: https://www.rei.com/product/850234/sea-to-summit-1-pin-side-release-field-repair-buckle

Here's a photo of my repair job:

image.png.8be93dbb1dc0561d0a5857e7b206be2d.png

Edited by IPv6Freely
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I have bought on August 27th for my son:

Here is my impression after 5 month of use of 4 practices a week. The pads were always carried in our SUV not abusive manipulation like air travel etc....

The  bottom pocket where the helmet goes has a ripped zipper probably given that it is at the bottom of the bag and the weight of the whole content push down on the helmet and by consequent put stress on the helmet compartment zipper. The zipper in my opinion is not sturdy enough for that load and there is only a single stitches not double stitches. In this case the stitches that hold the zipper broke at 2 places. I think that they should put those compartment at the top of the bag not the bottom or make those zippers beefier and double stitch everything.

With that said the rest of the bag seemed bulletproof and sturdy and my son love it to go through door and get through busy locker rooms. The outside pockets are convenient for taking the skate and mask out without going through the whole bag content. However, because of their locations at the bottom of the bag, this makes the design prone to failure.

IMG_20200125_122412006.jpg

IMG_20200125_122428275_HDR.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...