Can I get a new version of old pads made?

cunnings

I have a pair of 2007 or so Bryzgalov spec Vaughn V3s. They are the greatest set of pads I have ever owned. Over the past decade I've tried many of the new specs across several brands and nothing has clicked. I'd love to get a new pair with the same dimensions and (lack of) features made for me. I tried emailing Vaughn but their website doesn't work. Does anyone know if this is something they do? And/or is this something I can bring to another manufacturer to get their version of the custom pad? (I've always liked the quality on Brown so maybe a Brown recreation...)

Also, how would I go about getting something like this done? Speak with one of the big goalie stores, send my pads to the manufacturer, what else? Any steps someone who has done something similar could provide would be appreciated.

I did a search of the forums but didn't find anything on this topic - if there is a thread please point me to it. Thanks for any help you guys can provide in advance!

The easiest way is to probably work with a rep from one of those big goalie stores. I've had success ordering customized stuff that go beyond the regular custom options listed through this channel. It would be to your benefit though to find a person at those stores that have handled these customer orders before.

Most gear manufacturers won't deal directly with customers, so you have to go through dealers. I think Passau do direct customer sales - so you could reach out to them.

write down what u like about it so they have some idea what u r looking for .  Most wont go back too far bc its more labor intensive then just precut flat foam and stuff. also the new people probably don't know the construction.

I believe Vaughn still offer all their older models - even at retail -  if you request it. I'd imagine you would pay a premium for them to dig out the Bryz specs and the V3 dyes, but from what I've seen in the past they'll do it. I'm sure any retailer that has a good relationship with Vaughn will be able to sort you out. 

2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

I believe Vaughn still offer all their older models - even at retail -  if you request it. I'd imagine you would pay a premium for them to dig out the Bryz specs and the V3 dyes, but from what I've seen in the past they'll do it. I'm sure any retailer that has a good relationship with Vaughn will be able to sort you out. 

Came here expecting to post this, but it was already done.

Definitely expect to pay a premium as the V3 was built very differently than their offerings now.  I want to say they were still using the shredded foam ("FlexPac") in the V3 days, which is a bit more labor intensive than the full foam cores they have now. 

Pretty sure Quick's glove has always been a stock V3 / V4 model (wasn't a lot of difference between the two). I had a V3 back in 2010 and it definitely had a 590ish feel to it, without being an out and out clone of a 590 like the new XP. 

So, good news - no need to pay Vaughn $600 for a rebuild, just go and find a used V3 / V4 in good condition off eBay / sideline swap for a fraction of the price 👍 

Here's his V4 retro set from 2011 vs a set from last year - glove is exactly the same:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 15.38.18.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 15.38.48.png

Archived