Looking for CCM 580 Catcher

15 hours ago, creasecollector said:

I've always wanted to try a CCM 580.

I currently use 590 and have also used 600 break.  Would be interesting to see how the 580 affects Turco grip and regular grip when stick handling.  I think Price switched from 600 to 590 because he thought it was a better hold on the stick.

4 hours ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

I currently use 590 and have also used 600 break.  Would be interesting to see how the 580 affects Turco grip and regular grip when stick handling.  I think Price switched from 600 to 590 because he thought it was a better hold on the stick.

As a 580 user, it does change a little bit for both.

For Turco grip, it's more natural.  You don't have to cock your wrist up or back (depending on what plane you're looking at it from)

For regular grip, it feels like you have to underhand it a bit more.

I haven't noticed any change in power or accuracy since switching back to 580.

Note that Holtby and Smith are both career 580 guys and they are pretty damn proficient with it.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, Hockeygoalie111 said:

Price said he switched because the 590 gave him better vertical coverage, since he has a more “Traditional” glove positioning.

Archived