Warrior Chest Protectors

Really strongly considering getting a ritual g5 pro chest protector. Anybody have any bad experiences with their chest protectors? Also, what’s the difference between the “+” model and the “regular” model? It seems as if they’re mobility and protection is amazing compared to other chest protectors. Any help is appreciated, thank you! 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I currently wear a warrior G4 Pro chest and love it. Surprisingly mobile despite its appearance. The difference between G5 Pro and Pro+ is that Pro+ has the “robot arms” as many call them  while the Pro uses a more traditional arm style. 

Is one more protective or more mobile would you say?

I’ve had a GT SR and it’s pretty mobile for how big it appears. I almost went with the G5 for this year but decided to give Brian’s Optik 2 C/A and pants a try though since I could do a custom design. Haven’t received them yet so I can’t give any comparisons. 

25 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I really liked the G4 Pro chest but couldn't get used to the robot arms, so I switched to the GT2 Pro chest. I haven't had any stingers in either version.

That was the other thing I had questions about is whether to get the g5 or gt2. I know you had a g4 but they seem very similar design wise. I was struggling to find the differences between the two, could you perhaps list a few? Thank you!

I've had the GT1 Pro for a few years. The occasional stinger in the left bicep, but nothing to write home about. Very mobile unit.

Do have one issue on the floaters on my blocker arm has come slightly unstiched resulting in the floaters having the ability to become "untucked". Never is an issue with a jersey on and has never compromised protection.

Hopefully this picture showcases what I'm trying to say.

110054.thumb.png.a69323d737d9fcaea106a414b58e4771.png

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've had the GT1 Pro for a few years. The occasional stinger in the left bicep, but nothing to write home about. Very mobile unit.

Do have one issue on the floaters on my blocker arm has come slightly unstiched resulting in the floaters having the ability to become "untucked". Never is an issue with a jersey on and has never compromised protection.

Hopefully this picture showcases what I'm trying to say.

110054.thumb.png.a69323d737d9fcaea106a414b58e4771.png

Yup that happened to my GT Sr as well. It hasn’t been an issue but I’ve had a Jersey get stuck on it when I’m in a hurry. Lately I can’t do my normal show up early and dress slowly routine. 

4 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

Really strongly considering getting a ritual g5 pro chest protector. Anybody have any bad experiences with their chest protectors? Also, what’s the difference between the “+” model and the “regular” model? It seems as if they’re mobility and protection is amazing compared to other chest protectors. Any help is appreciated, thank you! 

When I skated with Justin Pogge a few weeks ago, he told us goalies in the room that he LOVED his Warrior chesty.  He's like 6'3 but wearing a large. 

Personally, I am a big fan of the NHL issue CCM.  I've taken a couple hard clappers now and only felt impact. Mobility is solid

20 minutes ago, benner33 said:

Yup that happened to my GT Sr as well. It hasn’t been an issue but I’ve had a Jersey get stuck on it when I’m in a hurry. Lately I can’t do my normal show up early and dress slowly routine. 

Glad I'm not the only one this has happened to.

For you guys with warrior chestys has anyone compared them as far as mobility to a Vaughn unit? I tried on a Vaughn v8 and loved the mobility and how freely you could move in it but know that Vaughn units are notorious for week arms. 

the jury is still out on my Passau, the projection is awesome it just feels so bulky to me and not very mobile. Then again I’ve worn it one or twice and it’s still not completely broken in.  

@Hockey1234 any reason you are looking at more off the shelf units (warrior, Bauer) vs smaller companies? I got my pro pack for $100/150 bucks cheaper than any current year models pro unit. Seems like you can get a more protective and some what custom unit for the price as the big buys standard units.  

3 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

For you guys with warrior chestys has anyone compared them as far as mobility to a Vaughn unit? I tried on a Vaughn v8 and loved the mobility and how freely you could move in it but know that Vaughn units are notorious for week arms. 

the jury is still out on my Passau, the projection is awesome it just feels so bulky to me and not very mobile. Then again I’ve worn it one or twice and it’s still not completely broken in.  

@Hockey1234 any reason you are looking at more off the shelf units (warrior, Bauer) vs smaller companies? I got my pro pack for $100/150 bucks cheaper than any current year models pro unit. Seems like you can get a more protective and some what custom unit for the price as the big buys standard units.  

I've worn the V5 7800 and then a LT90. 

The V5 was a bulkier velocity C/A and the LT90 is the updated epic, now SLR series. 

I liked the LT90 better but the V5 was just as good. Arms were fantastic. I never had a single stinger in the arms in either unit. LT90 ended up seeing better shooters than the V5, so not sure if the arms issue would've arose. 

The GT1 was almost as mobile out of the box as my LT90 had gotten. Protection is better on the GT1 but you "feel" the shots more. Probably because it wraps around more than the LT90 did. 

I don't know how the mechanical arms on the G4 or G5 lines feel and I haven't worn the updated GT2. 

From what I've heard, both of those units are more protective than the GT1. 

Hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've worn the V5 7800 and then a LT90. 

The V5 was a bulkier velocity C/A and the LT90 is the updated epic, now SLR series. 

I liked the LT90 better but the V5 was just as good. Arms were fantastic. I never had a single stinger in the arms in either unit. LT90 ended up seeing better shooters than the V5, so not sure if the arms issue would've arose. 

The GT1 was almost as mobile out of the box as my LT90 had gotten. Protection is better on the GT1 but you "feel" the shots more. Probably because it wraps around more than the LT90 did. 

I don't know how the mechanical arms on the G4 or G5 lines feel and I haven't worn the updated GT2. 

From what I've heard, both of those units are more protective than the GT1. 

Hope this helps. 

The gt2 looks pretty mobile and not bulky. The new G5 c/a looks pretty similar to the gt series units. 

13 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I would if I could but my old chest protector doesn’t fit me and I really need one as soon as possible so I can break it in for the next season. I could be using that production time for a custom unit on breaking it in. Also, I don’t know how I feel about ordering a custom chest protector with not being able to actually try it on beforehand. 

2 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

I would if I could but my old chest protector doesn’t fit me and I really need one as soon as possible so I can break it in for the next season. I could be using that production time for a custom unit on breaking it in. Also, I don’t know how I feel about ordering a custom chest protector with not being able to actually try it on beforehand. 

I get you I was a little reluctant to order my passau since I could not try it on. It the guys at passau helped me out a bunch and got me fitted. They do sell stock chest protectors that you wouldn’t have to wait to be made. Just giving my thoughts, if for some reason my passau doesn’t work out or if I never got it I would probably go with a bedded you Vaughn or the warrior units. They seem the most mobile and streamlined. I tried on the shield2 and it felt so big and clunky, then again it wasn’t broken in. 

22 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I get you I was a little reluctant to order my passau since I could not try it on. It the guys at passau helped me out a bunch and got me fitted. They do sell stock chest protectors that you wouldn’t have to wait to be made. Just giving my thoughts, if for some reason my passau doesn’t work out or if I never got it I would probably go with a bedded you Vaughn or the warrior units. They seem the most mobile and streamlined. I tried on the shield2 and it felt so big and clunky, then again it wasn’t broken in. 

I honestly never knew they sold retail units, might have to look into that. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

I honestly never knew they sold retail units, might have to look into that. Thank you! 

No problemo, they have retail stock units that come in basic colors and not much customization but still same protection and quality 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived