Jonathan Quick Strapping

GoalieNut

"Johnathan Quick" strapping is essentially the Vaughn Velocity 2 stock setup. I'm sure there are some minor modifications, but Quick has been effectively wearing an 11" V2 pad since they were released. Maybe a V4 pad with V2 strapping, these days. Having that many straps inset so close to the leg and above the knee is now viewed as an impairment to proper pad rotation and seal to the ice. It does, however, clearly work for Quick. Also, I believe the knee stack Quick prefers is much thinner than most, and certainly thinner than the maximum allowable by NHL rules.

13 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Thanks for the feedback folks!

I'm thinking of getting my next set of pads done with a similar strapping.

Nice.  How come?  What is it you are looking for in terms of function?  If it's just a tribute set, then kudos to you.  Make sure you get the pads stuffed with cotton candy like Quick, too ;)

25 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice.  How come?  What is it you are looking for in terms of function?  If it's just a tribute set, then kudos to you.  Make sure you get the pads stuffed with cotton candy like Quick, too ;)

I play more of a hybrid style and like the pad tight on the leg.  

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

Here are more recent photos of his straps.  He's definitely one of the more pre-modern goalies in his gear choices.

Los Angeles, California, USA. 8th Dec, 2018. Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan  Quick (32) makes save on a shot by Vegas Golden Knights during a 2018-2019  NHL hockey game in Los Angeles,

Jonathan Quick Game-Used Leg Pads – Lakingsgameused

Jonathan Quick - Jonathan Quick Photos - Nashville Predators v Los Angeles  Kings - Zimbio

60+ Jonathan Quick ideas | jonathan quick, la kings hockey, kings hockey

Block or Butterfly? Breaking down goaltending styles - Sportsnet.ca

and just for fun, one my favorite photos of him.  I'm a big Quick fan.  I'd love to see him in Seattle next year.

How a Jonathan Quick save defined the phrase 'turning point' for the Kings  | theScore.com

Dear @seagoal . I love your fellow love for Vaughn and Quickie. However, we are no longer friends due to you stating you would like to see him in a not Kings jersey. Thank you for our previous friendship and good luck moving forward without me.

10 hours ago, dualshowman said:

"Johnathan Quick" strapping is essentially the Vaughn Velocity 2 stock setup. I'm sure there are some minor modifications, but Quick has been effectively wearing an 11" V2 pad since they were released. Maybe a V4 pad with V2 strapping, these days. Having that many straps inset so close to the leg and above the knee is now viewed as an impairment to proper pad rotation and seal to the ice. It does, however, clearly work for Quick. Also, I believe the knee stack Quick prefers is much thinner than most, and certainly thinner than the maximum allowable by NHL rules.

You are mostly right. He did wear the v4s with the v2 channel slightly modified until this last year. He went to basically a completely custom pad this year. It was like a thinned out ve8 with not ve8 strapping and the not ve8 leg channel. So basically all custom

16 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Dear @seagoal . I love your fellow love for Vaughn and Quickie. However, we are no longer friends due to you stating you would like to see him in a not Kings jersey. Thank you for our previous friendship and good luck moving forward without me.

Your resignation is accepted, with a heavy heart and fond farewells :)

It is so strange to imagine in something other than gray and black.

Archived