Ultrasonic vs. (upcoming) Vapor 3.0 (or whatever it’ll be called)

BCZ

Anyone have any thoughts/insights to offer re differences/rumors surrounding the upcoming Vapor line vs. Ultrasonic. I’m currently in O2s (very much love them but I’m still looking for a 2nd similar set) but I’m also incredibly intrigued with the stabilislide knee block and it’s impact on rotation/seal/etc. as I’ve heard the cortech slides similarly if not better than Brian’s primo. 

I’ve heard the new Vapor line will have the fused knee block, so I’m trying to decide on which of the two is worth the $$$, if at all.

Or do any of y’all have any thoughts positive/negative on the stabilislide-revolutionary? Evolutionary? Unnecessary gimmick?

Lastly - any thoughts on the strapping differences (what led me to O2s over 2x) between Ultrasonic and hyperwhatever Vapor 3.0 will be called? I recall the O2s felt considerably better than Vapor 2x. Is this endemic with Bauer’s straps across lines?

As always, everyone’s input is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Just now, ThatCarGuy said:

I’m not sure how much we’re allowed to say before the thread gets taken down

FWIW, technically we’re discussing/comparing a known with an unknown. So there are just rumors, right? I just happen to trust the collective knowledge/know how here more than my local shop.

Just now, BCZ said:

FWIW, technically we’re discussing/comparing a known with an unknown. So there are just rumors, right? I just happen to trust the collective knowledge/know how here more than my local shop.

Trying on ultrasonic in store that knee block is game changing. Especially now that I’m experiencing 2s pro pads I see why a stiffer knee block was implemented. 3rd gen vapor will have almost identical strapping to ultrasonic with slight changes to the professor strap. The boot angle appears to be the same as 2x (flat and flexible). I like the knee block but it does make the pad feel very boxy in my opinion even compared to 2S so keep that in mind. I was pleasantly surprised by cortech on ice with my 2s pads. The slide on fresh ice is unmatched and the slide late game is better than expected. Expect vapor to be softer than ultrasonic too but not by much

(mods please don’t ban me 😁)

19 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Buddy, they've never even banned me. I think you're safe.

As for the Hyperlite, or 3X, or whatever, I wouldn't expect anything less than a slightly fine tuned 2X pad with the fused knee block. The Vapour lines haven't really differentiated themselves from the Supreme lines enough since the 1S was released. With the current track history, It'll probably remain the same. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Buddy, they've never even banned me. I think you're safe.

As for the Hyperlite, or 3X, or whatever, I wouldn't expect anything less than a slightly fine tuned 2X pad with the fused knee block. The Vapour lines haven't really differentiated themselves from the Supreme lines enough since the 1S was released. With the current track history, It'll probably remain the same. 

So - humor me on this: are they essentially moving toward each other, albeit incrementally? And is the fused block the next “big” innovation? Also - weight wise, there’s a decent difference between the lines, with supreme being heavier/firmer, no?

22 hours ago, BCZ said:

So - humor me on this: are they essentially moving toward each other, albeit incrementally? And is the fused block the next “big” innovation? Also - weight wise, there’s a decent difference between the lines, with supreme being heavier/firmer, no?

Some unconfirmed info off social media is that the Hyperlite/3X will not have the Stabilislide knee block.

I don't think we'll know anything for sure until March/April 2021.  Maybe we'll start seeing some teasers around World Juniors

On 12/4/2020 at 9:02 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Trying on ultrasonic in store that knee block is game changing. Especially now that I’m experiencing 2s pro pads I see why a stiffer knee block was implemented. 3rd gen vapor will have almost identical strapping to ultrasonic with slight changes to the professor strap. The boot angle appears to be the same as 2x (flat and flexible). I like the knee block but it does make the pad feel very boxy in my opinion even compared to 2S so keep that in mind. I was pleasantly surprised by cortech on ice with my 2s pads. The slide on fresh ice is unmatched and the slide late game is better than expected. Expect vapor to be softer than ultrasonic too but not by much

Can't ban for speculating

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Some unconfirmed info off social media is that the Hyperlite/3X will not have the Stabilislide knee block.

I don't think we'll know anything for sure until March/April 2021.  Maybe we'll start seeing some teasers around World Juniors

You can ban for having a pea sized brain though. 

21 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

As long as I don't share info that comes directly from the company, it's quite okay for people to share "rumors" they have heard.

With that said, Stabilislide is a massive improvement. The pad is perfectly in position at all time. This knowledge is my from personal use of US. Can't comment what/if the 21 Vapor line will have or how any changes will perform.

Archived