Equipment bag thread

RichMan

22 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

During COVID we had to dress at home, no showers available at the rink. It was so funny to see a bunch of old guys, in full regalia, waiting outside until 15 minutes before game time.  Goalies were given an exemption after I showed the Recreational Director how it was impossible, let alone damn dangerous,  to drive a vehicle whilst wearing a C/A. We goaltenders wore our under garments and learned to dress and undress quickly with the rest of our gear.

Man, that first summer was so strange,

Thankfully we were allowed to use the dressing rooms to get changed but no showers. One rink literally boarded up the showers so people couldn't use them. You'd assume just shutting off water flow would be easier...

The hoops we jumped through the first season were hilarious. 

- Need to wear a mask at all times, except on the ice
- Check in with the desk outside, queue in line to be able to get access to the dressing room
- 15-20 minutes change room access. No toilet or showers
- 4v4, (2) twenty minute periods
- Faceoffs had a rule where people weren't allowed to enter the circle, the centers had to battle for possession and pass it out.
- No penalties, just penalty shots
- Floating blue line (The fucking worst thing in 4v4) 
- Some refs wouldn't take the puck out of my glove. I had to slide it to them (lol)

All of this was so ridiculous considering we all went outside and tailgated in the parking lot to watch the 2020 playoffs in the summer. 

Ah good times. I'm just glad I get to have shower time with my bros again. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 5:41 AM, StevenC said:

I'd used the Eagle bag (40 x 24 x 20") for about 10 years (even moved countries with it) and it developed a few cuts and a couple of wear holes.

Cant find anywhere to order the Eagle bag!

I agree @StevenC, these bags are great.  You can still order direct: https://eaglehockey.com/product/bags/pro-goal-bags/aero-pro-goal/

I'm on my 2nd Eagle bag, and each one lasts me a good 10 years.  I can easily put all my gear, including pads in there and it zips up without having to Tetris your gear in there.  Looks like you can order a single bag custom coloured as well.

Edited by MikeTheGoalie
  • Like 1