Free Warrior CR/1 Sticks **SOLD**

seagoal

I have a new stick on the way to me which means I'll have a new stick box to deal with.  I have been meaning to make room in my pile of old sticks so I am offering up 2 Warrior CR/1 sticks free to a good home for a member on here.  Bonus points if you are perhaps new to composite sticks, Warrior sticks, or in financial hard times and need new sticks right now.

These are the largest size, 27.5, so if you are under 6 feet tall (like me, I'm 5'10 but got these cheap) these will not be great for you.  Sure, you can use them, but as is the case with sticks that are too big your blocker will be out of position and you will give up a lot of chicken wing/armpit goals and be restricted in your mobility in the butterfly. 

They are both the Bishop/Twist curve and these are great for getting good loft if you play the puck.  I play the puck a lot and this is my go-to Warrior curve...I have 6 sticks with this curve and another on the way. 

You can see they are currently taped including my grip tape that I use and I can send them as-is or naked, your call.  Other than superficial blemishes there is no damage, no rattling, no cracks, etc.  They are well used, can't remember how much, but in good shape overall. 

All I ask is that you pay for shipping from Seattle, WA which we can work out any number of ways. 

Lemme know if you want these.

Cheers

20210604_090956.jpg

20210604_091007.jpg

20210604_091011.jpg

20210604_091037.jpg

20210604_091042.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And here I was hoping you'd have  something appropriately sized.

For anyone wondering, these sticks are fantastic.

They are indeed.  These were my first Warrior sticks and other than being too big for me they were the perfect gateway drug. 

I'm now using 25 V1 Pro + and they basically make me drool constantly while playing.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

They are indeed.  These were my first Warrior sticks and other than being too big for me they were the perfect gateway drug. 

I'm now using 25 V1 Pro + and they basically make me drool constantly while playing.

Got any free 25" to send my way? ;)

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thank goodness these are 27.5" instead of 26" or else I would have taken one even though I don't need it lol.  I am hoping to take advantage of the V1 Pro+ price drops for one more stick and then I should be good for a while.

That was my thought too.  I can't imagine a stick I like more than the V1 Pro+ and wanted to be set for a while.  I have 3 25"s now once my new one shows up.  They are currently $235 on Goalie Monkey with the new V2 sticks out now. I bet inventory of the V1s will fly out the door now. 

Edited by seagoal

Just now, Youngergoalie said:

Yep I'm the guy. Not 6,5 but have always used a 27.5 stick. Need a little extra reach on the pokechecks

Fair enough. 

Well thanks for joining, I hope you stick around.  There is a little brat who is on here daily with a similar handle name and he might take exception to your name......but that isn't a huge deal.

So here's the deal.  I just ordered a new stick, it should get to me by this upcoming Wednesday.  Once I get it, I can use the box to ship these out.  We just need to exchange info, which we can do in private messages on here. 

Where do you live?  I can get an estimate for shipping costs and we can just agree on a rough number.  For payment I can accept an electronic transfer via Zelle if you or someone near you (who you can give cash to) has access to that, or you can mail me a check or cash. 

If that sounds good to you, then we should be set.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Youngergoalie said:

Hey thanks so much. Not to sure how i private message however...

Upper right corner, you'll see a mailbox.  Click it and then Compose New and then you can search for me and send a message.

Edited by seagoal

42 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Fair enough. 

Well thanks for joining, I hope you stick around. 

I see what you did there ;) Very cool of you to do a give-away :headbang:

...but why no love here for the 27.5 stick? :myhead: Me and my son both use them and I'm 5'11 and my son is a little bigger, maybe 6'1. No problems with the paddle length for either of us. Even my younger 14 year old son (5'9 maybe?) used one and was OK with it. 

I really do like the composites, they stay stiff, no soggyness. If someone gave me a used wood/foam stick I'd be a little leery of it, but used composite, no problem.

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

That was my thought too.  I can't imagine a stick I like more than the V1 Pro+ and wanted to be set for a while.  I have 3 25"s now once my new one shows up.  They are currently $235 on Goalie Monkey with the new V2 sticks out now. I bet inventory of the V1s will fly out the door now. 

200$ us shipped from the thehockeyshop.com

10 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

I see what you did there ;) Very cool of you to do a give-away :headbang:

...but why no love here for the 27.5 stick? :myhead: Me and my son both use them and I'm 5'11 and my son is a little bigger, maybe 6'1. No problems with the paddle length for either of us. Even my younger 14 year old son (5'9 maybe?) used one and was OK with it. 

I really do like the composites, they stay stiff, no soggyness. If someone gave me a used wood/foam stick I'd be a little leery of it, but used composite, no problem.

I'm glad someone noticed :)

Honestly, it's not that huge a deal, generally.  I can say the 27.5 is really nice on my feet and with pucks at my feet.  It feels really secure and grounded standing upright.  Conversely, the 25 I am using now never touches the ice upright on my feet and feels odd when standing up.

But, in terms of the tourque involved with shooting/passing and mobility/agility down on my knees in the butterfly, it's no comparison.  The shorter sticks are way better, easier to handly, and more easily effective.  I do play the puck a lot, lots of passing, rim arounds, chipping off the boards, deflections, etc.  The 27.5 is just a bit clunky and not as agile feeling compared to a 25. I was a good, strong passer/shooter with the 27.5 and actually got better with the 25 just from a more favorable tourque with my blocker hand.  

I don't put too much stock in gear sizing.  Anyone can be successful with any size gear on some level, unless we are talking like you need to be in a 32 pad and you're using a 36, or, you need a 22 stick and you're using a 27.5.  Those are huge discrepencies.  But in my experience, using say a 35 pad when you are ideally a 34, or, using a 27.5 stick when ideally you're a 25 or 26 is not a huge problem. Not a deal breaker.  It's just when you focus on fine tuning and improving specific things like mobility or tourque, these little inches here and there matter.  

Now that I am 40yo and still playing 3 times a week, I have started paying more attention to little things with the goal of maximizing my efficiency, comfort, and durability.  Going down in stick sizes was one such change and I am glad I did. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

Yea, for sure, paddle length is really a preference thing, within reason.

But I had the impression that larger paddle lengths were trending in general more lately. Was just a little surprised you guys were all using 25".

...or maybe I'm just the only one here swinging a big paddle? :datass:

6 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, for sure, paddle length is really a preference thing, within reason.

But I had the impression that larger paddle lengths were trending in general more lately. Was just a little surprised you guys were all using 25".

...or maybe I'm just the only one here swinging a big paddle? :datass:

We're just not over compensating there pudding pop.

• Haha 1