Pharaoh Goaltending

I know that he has used Shawn Schroeder’s shells in the past, and Shawn makes a very, very nice shell. I use one of Shawn’s Mage shaped shells currently. I don’t know if he still does. I believe that Pharaoh is mainly a painter, though has started to offer foam kits and the like. Ask whose shells he is using for his builds. 

• Thanks 1

Tres Armstrong is Pharaoh. He's a very good dude and a lot of people like his artwork. It's not my jam, but he's definitely been getting better! He does not make the shells himself. As mentioned above he has used Schroeder shells in the past, but he's currently using Russian made 961 clones from a guy named Anatoli Yagodinski that are allegedly fibergalss and kevlar. He's also a fan of Eddy Custom Kevlar masks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I think someone posted something about this on reddit, not sure. My take, if you're going to spend that type of money go buy Bauer Pro top level mask first, or any other top level mask. You can have the option after of getting it wrapped for a lot cheaper.  Just my 2 cents. 

I would put Shawn Schroeder’s masks above anyone’s masks; the Russian guy is one I don’t have any idea about. I could stand on my Kustom helmet. I know what Shawn puts into a mask; I have no idea what the new supplier does, whether he uses poly resin or epoxy as well as what types of cloth he uses.

If it was Shawn’s shell, I would say yes. The only thing missing on a Kustom is a certification sticker, which takes people who play in certain leagues out of the market, I realise. But when cheap, thin polycarbonate* shells are getting certification stickers, the certification process is flawed.

* not lumping Victory or Wall lexan helmets in with this statement. I use a clear Victory helmet.

13 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I would put Shawn Schroeder’s masks above anyone’s masks; the Russian guy is one I don’t have any idea about. I could stand on my Kustom helmet. I know what Shawn puts into a mask; I have no idea what the new supplier does, whether he uses poly resin or epoxy as well as what types of cloth he uses.

If it was Shawn’s shell, I would say yes. The only thing missing on a Kustom is a certification sticker, which takes people who play in certain leagues out of the market, I realise. But when cheap, thin polycarbonate* shells are getting certification stickers, the certification process is flawed.

* not lumping Victory or Wall lexan helmets in with this statement. I use a clear Victory helmet.

Its one of shawn’s shells, so I went with it