TGN's Sweaty Basement Dwellers (Video Game Thread)

coopaloop1234

Good idea, Coop. 

I just finished Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on Switch.  <-- all time favorite video game series.

I recently played and finished Immortals: Fenyx Rising on PS4 and really loved it.  Hoping for a sequel.

And I'm calling you all out right now:  if you want to play me online in Mortal Kombat 11, let's do it. 

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Good idea, Coop. 

I just finished Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on Switch.  <-- all time favorite video game series.

I recently played and finished Immortals: Fenyx Rising on PS4 and really loved it.  Hoping for a sequel.

And I'm calling you all out right now:  if you want to play me online in Mortal Kombat 11, let's do it. 

Add me up son. I'll gladly be served my ass on a silver platter.

I'm in the midst of playing FF14 and Hades. Just finished up the new Ratchet and Clank and it was a lot of fun.

Edited by coopaloop1234

Bahaha I was thinking of starting one of these.

Most recently have been playing Destiny 2 on PC.  New season's coming next Tuesday and I've pretty much finished all I want to do this season, so I haven't been on much.  Cross Play is coming soon to the game, so if you console dorks want to play together, we should be able to.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:27 PM, Chenner29 said:

Bahaha I was thinking of starting one of these.

Most recently have been playing Destiny 2 on PC.  New season's coming next Tuesday and I've pretty much finished all I want to do this season, so I haven't been on much.  Cross Play is coming soon to the game, so if you console dorks want to play together, we should be able to.

Haven't played Destiny 2 since the first major expansion. I went through it all on Destiny 1 and seeing them do all the same errors in content and pricing just made me drop it.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Me: tries to read this, does not get very far. Reaches for a well-thumbed Nerd-to-English dictionary, but just gives up

You're not welcome here unless you have a 2-3 day layer of filth on you from a lack of showering.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're not welcome here unless you have a 2-3 day layer of filth on you from a lack of showering.

I can still smell the Irish spring on me from the shower I took after mowing the lawn in “feels like 39 with humidity” weather, and I have literally never lived in ANY mother’s basement, so I think I’ll just show myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Haven't played Destiny 2 since the first major expansion. I went through it all on Destiny 1 and seeing them do all the same errors in content and pricing just made me drop it.

Yeah there's a ton of issues.

I played D1 religiously from Taken King through Rise of Iron, went into the first year of Destiny 2 and hated it.
Came back for Forsaken and it was really good, switched to PC towards the end of the year.  Shadowkeep was OK. 

This year has been better.  They made the base game Free to Play, brought back an old raid (Vault of Glass), and you can work towards unlocking the first Darkness subclass now.

I've never played a game that I love to hate so much.  My PC play time is below.

image.png.7afd65101d82158497b6c742b6db55b1.png

On 8/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, Chenner29 said:

I've never played a game that I love to hate so much.  My PC play time is below.

I feel like that's every Destiny players take on the game.

And 58 days played? That's absurd. I think my last game where I got close to those numbers was when I played WoW back in the BC/WotLK/Cata days.

Closest since was For Honor and that was about 13 days played. (way shorter time in game to play though)

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And 58 days played? That's absurd. I think my last game where I got close to those numbers was when I played WoW back in the BC/WotLK/Cata days.

Closest since was For Honor and that was about 13 days played. (way shorter time in game to play though)

There's a guy that I played with that has over 4000 hours...He quit the game recently lol

image.png.c30d8763d89a75c56eb8aaf315921e63.png

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Still shorter than True wait time

image.png.2583a4c45b602991c3d6fd48f5517b19.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

My wife and I have been playing a lot of Death Stranding on PC. Picked it up a couple weeks ago and it's been an experience.

Also have been re-playing some Battlefield 4 in anticipation of the upcoming Battlefield 2042!

My most anticipated upcoming game is Horizon Forbidden West, the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn.  I freaking loved that game.  The combat/archery mechanics were so good and trying to strategize against all the robotic animals and capturing the human camps was so damn fun.  Can not wait for the sequel.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, seagoal said:

My most anticipated upcoming game is Horizon Forbidden West, the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn.  I freaking loved that game.  The combat/archery mechanics were so good and trying to strategize against all the robotic animals and capturing the human camps was so damn fun.  Can not wait for the sequel.

Aloy is the beez kneez.

I got lucky being assigned billets and my billet has an Oculus Quest so I’ve been on that a ton as well as using rocket league on my Xbox as a game that I can play mindlessly. Side note: I somehow managed to pick up a used series S and it is an incredible console compared to the one s. 

45 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I got lucky being assigned billets and my billet has an Oculus Quest so I’ve been on that a ton as well as using rocket league on my Xbox as a game that I can play mindlessly. Side note: I somehow managed to pick up a used series S and it is an incredible console compared to the one s. 

Is the Oculus the one with the goalie training app too?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, seagoal said:

Good idea, Coop. 

Immortals: Fenyx Rising was really enjoyable, definitely followed the Ubisoft open world game formula (which I enjoy). Definitely felt overpowered by the end of it though.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, seagoal said:

Looking forward to that and the sequel to the latest God Of War which I just replayed. God of War (2018) is amazing. Maybe not my favorite game ever, that may have to go to KOTOR or KOTOR 2.  Also looking forward to whenever a sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order gets made. Nothing better than travelling the galaxy with a lightsaber. 

Far Cry 6 should be a good time too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising was really enjoyable, definitely followed the Ubisoft open world game formula (which I enjoy). Definitely felt overpowered by the end of it though.

Looking forward to that and the sequel to the latest God Of War which I just replayed. God of War (2018) is amazing. Maybe not my favorite game ever, that may have to go to KOTOR or KOTOR 2.  Also looking forward to whenever a sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order gets made. Nothing better than travelling the galaxy with a lightsaber. 

Far Cry 6 should be a good time too. 

I gotta say...and here's my hot take: Fenyx Rising was amazing.  I was giddy and having fun every minute of that game.  But, as a lifelong Zelda fan (been playing Zelda longer than I've been playing hockey), it felt a little awkward at times because of how blatant a rip-off it seemed.  I heard, leading up to Fenyx Rising, that it was "inspired" by Zelda.  But then after playing, it was "inspired" in the same way Battram pads were "inspired" by other companies' graphics.  I absolutely loved Fenyx Rising, but it felt like Zelda B a little bit, so I was just a tad derailed the whole time.

That said, I'm pre-ordering the sequel in like 2 seconds once it's available.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I gotta say...and here's my hot take: Fenyx Rising was amazing.  I was giddy and having fun every minute of that game.  But, as a lifelong Zelda fan (been playing Zelda longer than I've been playing hockey), it felt a little awkward at times because of how blatant a rip-off it seemed.  I heard, leading up to Fenyx Rising, that it was "inspired" by Zelda.  But then after playing, it was "inspired" in the same way Battram pads were "inspired" by other companies' graphics.  I absolutely loved Fenyx Rising, but it felt like Zelda B a little bit, so I was just a tad derailed the whole time.

That said, I'm pre-ordering the sequel in like 2 seconds once it's available.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I loved how Zeus and Prometheus narrated, it was quite amusing.