TGN's Sweaty Basement Dwellers (Video Game Thread)

coopaloop1234

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Haha, nice.   He's fun.  My top 4 in that game are Noob, Rain, Jade, Skarlet.  I've always liked the darker, less normal human, more magical characters better. I never play the human military characters, I just find them boring in fighting games.

Noob Saibot is great, I love his shit talking too.  "Always watching."  "Death comes for all." 

Naturally my favorite mask for him is his goalie mask, duh.

20210826_102933.jpg

I haven't played enough to have a main yet. I've beaten the story and maybe put in a few hours of just tower matches.

Hopefully I get some time for you to just knock me around this weekend.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

I haven't played enough to have a main yet. I've beaten the story and maybe put in a few hours of just tower matches.

Hopefully I get some time for you to just knock me around this weekend.

Story mode was really good in this game.  Very fun

Who are your go-to characters?

9 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Story mode was really good in this game.  Very fun

Who are your go-to characters?

More the old school ones. Baraka, Jax, Subzero/Scorpion, Liu Kang. They're all decent, I just am less of a fan of this cast in comparison to MK10.

Missing Reptile and Ermac.

You're going to have a hoot playing against me. I'm bad at fighting games aside from For Honor

Edited by coopaloop1234

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

More the old school ones. Baraka, Jax, Subzero/Scorpion, Liu Kang. They're all decent, I just am less of a fan of this cast in comparison to MK10.

Missing Reptile and Ermac.

You're going to have a hoot playing against me. I'm bad at fighting games aside from For Honor

Me. Too.  Especially Reptile. I play MK10 too :)

3 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I'm out, dawg

Luckily they're only allowed to be females, and for whatever reason all the female toons are seriously lacking in the clothing department. Funny thing is, it's not even due to a lack of clothing options. Every girl toon just wants to dress like SBR's mother.

6csqv9e5ki031.thumb.png.d75fe8550ff9a290e6e74cbad105b3a4.png

The Male toons are just as generic.

7y4h0dfoyp031.thumb.png.5d40ed2e398ccca341e3d94f8435be8b.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, Chenner29 said:

Bahaha I was thinking of starting one of these.

Most recently have been playing Destiny 2 on PC.  New season's coming next Tuesday and I've pretty much finished all I want to do this season, so I haven't been on much.  Cross Play is coming soon to the game, so if you console dorks want to play together, we should be able to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/qahau0/bungie_yes_you_can_upgrade_to_the_deluxe_edition/hh9dgr7/

Not only are they continuing their trend of 'vaulting' content, but now you have to literally pay extra for access to dungeons in an expansion.

I don't think there's any MMO/MMO-lite that has as scummy of a monetary strategy as Destiny does.

55 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/qahau0/bungie_yes_you_can_upgrade_to_the_deluxe_edition/hh9dgr7/

Not only are they continuing their trend of 'vaulting' content, but now you have to literally pay extra for access to dungeons in an expansion.

I don't think there's any MMO/MMO-lite that has as scummy of a monetary strategy as Destiny does.

So I guess we're adding "video game activist" to your list of life achievements?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was so sad to see Nintendo skip the Game Awards and not drop a trailer/title for the sequel to Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.   So disappointing.

But, the new teaser for Horizon Forbidden West looked crazy good and I am super excited about that game.

Edited by seagoal

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Anyone else excited about Horizon Forbidden West this Friday?  I sure am, I actually took the day off so I can play all day.  I've been waiting for this game for a long time. 

I enjoyed the first one and will be getting this down the line, but the $90 CAD price tag for the ps5 version, plus Dying light 2 and Elden Ring releasing, I can easily wait for this to go on sale .

11 minutes ago, indykrap said:

I too, am ready to be hurt again.

What are the kids saying these days? Mad Hype, poggers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Anyone else excited about Horizon Forbidden West this Friday?  I sure am, I actually took the day off so I can play all day.  I've been waiting for this game for a long time. 

I've got it pre-ordered, but I should finish Dying Light 2 first. Those 2 and Elden Ring have made for an expensive video game month, then GT7 next month with the Fanatec GT wheel set on the way!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I've got it pre-ordered, but I should finish Dying Light 2 first. Those 2 and Elden Ring have made for an expensive video game month, then GT7 next month with the Fanatec GT wheel set on the way!

Pre-ordered as well, in fact....I already downloaded it.  It's just locked until Thursday night (it's being released a bit early).

I don't play a whole lot of games.  Horizon 2 should hold me over into Breath of the Wild 2.

Edited by seagoal

• 1 year later...