Demo Program KTP Knee pad

Chenner29

Folks,

The long awaited, updated knee pad is here.  Dual layer gel along the front knee and thigh, and upgraded larger landing pads/pucks for your knees.

Our knee pad was designed for the type of goalie who likes the feel of "no knee pad."  It's one of the lowest profile units on the market. 

No plastic or hard foams so ease of movement is incredible.

These are in stock, ready for immediate delivery.

US based customers, please contact me via PM if you'd like to set up a demo.

Canadian customers, sorry! We are working on getting a demo program set up there.  I will update when this has changed.

image.png.979f987753daaaac8466b86b8cbc2b5d.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who doesn't wear knee pads what are we looking like protection wise? What would you guys compare these to? My current set-up with a more closed knee/leg channel I don't require them but anything new I'm interested in has the open knee/leg that seems to be the norm these days.

Would they compare protection wise to a hard shell type of pad?

9 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

As someone who doesn't wear knee pads what are we looking like protection wise? What would you guys compare these to? My current set-up with a more closed knee/leg channel I don't require them but anything new I'm interested in has the open knee/leg that seems to be the norm these days.

Pauly,

Most folks who have transitioned to our knee guard have remarked on the combination of a low profile knee pad with excellent protective properties. 
It's highly recommended for folks who come from not wearing a knee pad or can't get used to anything else on the market.
I would compare it fit and feel wise to the old Bauer Reactors with the blue liner that wrapped around your knee. 

Protection wise, there's nothing really like it on the market.  When you take a puck to the knee with our product, you will feel the impact, but will not have bruise or injury.  I would say they are right up there with a hard shell type of pad in terms of protection.  The main gains you get with ours is the breathability and the "naked" feeling.

11 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I'm a non knee pad user as well.  I am going to try these just to see how they feel.  I will be sure to report back.

3 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

@SaveByRichter35 Please do! I'm very interested to read some user impressions. Hopefully, you don't actually have to tell me how a direct shot felt hahaha.

I most likely won't.  I've never been hit in the knees before.  The reason I never wear anything is because I am flexible enough to always get my pads together enough to cover my five hole while down in the butterfly.  I do agree though that it is only a matter of time and all it takes is one shot where I am in a scramble and the puck just finds its way through.  This is why I want to try the Maltese.  Its the most low profile knee pad that I have come across.

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

For anyone who demos, please write us a review! I owe one for the collar I demoed... 

Let us know your thoughts.  I am on the verge on pulling the trigger on the ReiterSpec after my Vaughn hasn't been really cutting it on the last shot I took in that area recently.

55 minutes ago, slade037 said:

Let us know your thoughts.  I am on the verge on pulling the trigger on the ReiterSpec after my Vaughn hasn't been really cutting it on the last shot I took in that area recently.

For the neck protectors, I suggest you pull that trigger. I have two Maltese collars. Would not wear anything else at this point.

1 hour ago, slade037 said:

If you're in the US, drop me a line.  I can get you set up.  I have a few demo units I can send your way so you can try before you buy as well.

I'm very interested in a set of knee pads. Are there different sizes? I'm a smaller goalie (around 5'4") and actually found a pair of Jr knee pads fit more comfortably under my pads.

Also, as expected these knee pads come with a price, which is fine. But does the product carry any warranty?

18 minutes ago, Matt30 said:

I'm very interested in a set of knee pads. Are there different sizes? I'm a smaller goalie (around 5'4") and actually found a pair of Jr knee pads fit more comfortably under my pads.

Also, as expected these knee pads come with a price, which is fine. But does the product carry any warranty?

We offer one size but employ 2" wide velcro straps to secure the knee pad to your leg; you should be able to clamp these down pretty well.  It's recommended to wear them under your compression pants.

5 year plus on the internals/product failure (also applies to the GPS).  I don't think anyone else in the industry offers this.

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

If you're in the US, drop me a line.  I can get you set up.  I have a few demo units I can send your way so you can try before you buy as well.

Thanks!  I am in the US.  I will send you a PM in the morning. 

6 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

We offer one size but employ 2" wide velcro straps to secure the knee pad to your leg; you should be able to clamp these down pretty well.  It's recommended to wear them under your compression pants.

5 year plus on the internals/product failure (also applies to the GPS).  I don't think anyone else in the industry offers this.

That sounds great. I will look to order in a few months. Need to make leg pad repairs first :)

Archived