Demo Program KTP Knee pad

Chenner29

Hello! I saw that these are recommended to be put under compression pants...anyone have issues with these sliding down at all?

Second: I have seen some stuff on the Maltese insta where people have graphics put on their knee pads (and throat collars). How much extra is this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm used to putting them on top of my compression pants, just going off of what was said a few responses before. I'd prefer that they be on top of my compression pants just b/c that is what I'm used to, but knee pads tend to shift a bit with this. My current knee pads are attached to my pants, but this doesn't seem like an option for these which I am ok with as long as there is a garter or something to help.

14 minutes ago, Taco said:

I'm used to putting them on top of my compression pants, just going off of what was said a few responses before. I'd prefer that they be on top of my compression pants just b/c that is what I'm used to, but knee pads tend to shift a bit with this. My current knee pads are attached to my pants, but this doesn't seem like an option for these which I am ok with as long as there is a garter or something to help.

No garter but I think the idea is that they're more form-fitting than most. I don't have any knee pad slippage currently but I'm wearing Passau so that isn't surprising. 

Think of them less as knee pads, and more as protective knee wraps. 

5 hours ago, Taco said:

Hello! I saw that these are recommended to be put under compression pants...anyone have issues with these sliding down at all?

Second: I have seen some stuff on the Maltese insta where people have graphics put on their knee pads (and throat collars). How much extra is this?

We have an optional garter which will allow you to wear these outside the pants.

Custom sublimated design/graphic is on hiatus for the time being.

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

No garter but I think the idea is that they're more form-fitting than most. I don't have any knee pad slippage currently but I'm wearing Passau so that isn't surprising. 

Think of them less as knee pads, and more as protective knee wraps. 

I'm in Passaus now too and while I have no issues with protection, I don't like that they forced me to wear sweat pants over top to keep them from catching on the knee lock.

I used to wear my Vaughn knee pads (which were attached to my pants) on top of my leggings. That would be my preference but without needing a garter. I don't like them.

If the KTP can be worn on top of leggings without slippage and without a garter, and no need for sweats over top, and are protective, then that would be the ideal setup for me.

19 minutes ago, KootenayKeeper said:

I'm in Passaus now too and while I have no issues with protection, I don't like that they forced me to wear sweat pants over top to keep them from catching on the knee lock.

Sweat pants? Gross. I just wear RBK socks over them so I don't add any significant heat layers. In pickup (no team socks) I just wear black RBK socks that I cut the bottom half off of. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Sweat pants? Gross. I just wear RBK socks over them so I don't add any significant heat layers. In pickup (no team socks) I just wear black RBK socks that I cut the bottom half off of. 

Yeah well I had the sweat pants but I would have had to go buy a garter and socks. Nearest hockey store is an hour away or order online. Make due with what you got when you live in a small town. At least I know now that the problem was fixable though not ideal in my mind.

20 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

For the neck protectors, I suggest you pull that trigger. I have two Maltese collars. Would not wear anything else at this point.

This.  Just give your measurements and buy one @slade037

20 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

If you're in the US, drop me a line.  I can get you set up.  I have a few demo units I can send your way so you can try before you buy as well.

@slade037 don't even bother with the demo, just get it lol.

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Heh I dunno about putting them under compression pants. Not sure how I feel about sitting there naked putting on my knee pads... 

This is how I feel.  I wouldn't want it touching my bare skin, especially a demo piece with multiple people trying it prior to me.  If anything I was thinking about wearing them over my compression pants and then wearing a compression knee sleeve over it.

27 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This is how I feel.  I wouldn't want it touching my bare skin, especially a demo piece with multiple people trying it prior to me.  If anything I was thinking about wearing them over my compression pants and then wearing a compression knee sleeve over it.

Thankfully it will be brand new for me ;) But even then... being able to wear it over my bottoms is going to be key. If that doesn't work for me, then the product doesn't work for me. 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Don't worry, I wash them thoroughly for my customers between demos. :)

18 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Chenner29 - I was actually wondering that about my neck guard demo. 

Is there a way to wash the Maltese unit? If so, what is it?

The new models with the cross-cut ventilated gel (same as what you demoed) can be machine washed and tumble dried. I opt to air dry mine. 

Why do you think yours was so fresh and clean? ?

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

The new models with the cross-cut ventilated gel (same as what you demoed) can be machine washed and tumble dried. I opt to air dry mine. 

I’d like to try a ventilated model just for comparison :) 

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Chenner29 - I was actually wondering that about my neck guard demo. 

Is there a way to wash the Maltese unit? If so, what is it?

I machine wash mine every few skates and air dry.  I have the first generation of the foam like "air gel"

12 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

What is this new stuff you speak of?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I machine wash mine every few skates and air dry.  I have the first generation of the foam like "air gel"

What is this new stuff you speak of?

The newer gel (introduced I think in 2015) is bright green.  You know your GPS has it if it looks like the image below - you can see a blockiness in the collar.

image.png.7be08649ead68d515e59a262984bc24e.png

4 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The newer gel (introduced I think in 2015) is bright green.  You know your GPS has it if it looks like the image below - you can see a blockiness in the collar.

image.png.7be08649ead68d515e59a262984bc24e.png

Oh, I thought they had done something to put perforations or something to increase airflow. Mine is definitely like the photo.

I would like one though that has my logo and number on it like that. Mine says MALTESE on it which is fine but I'd prefer it to be like the one above where MALTESE is on the front instead of the collar itself. Can that be done? 

8 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Oh, I thought they had done something to put perforations or something to increase airflow. Mine is definitely like the photo.

I would like one though that has my logo and number on it like that. Mine says MALTESE on it which is fine but I'd prefer it to be like the one above where MALTESE is on the front instead of the collar itself. Can that be done? 

There are perfs inside the middle of each of the squares.

Custom print is possible.  It would be considered a custom design so an upcharge would be associated.  Charge depends on complexity, but we've done some pretty cool designs.

Archived