Missing Warrior Accessories - Where Are They?

CamWardFan

I'm a dedicated Warrior guy head to toe, from my F1 Helmet to my G5 Pro Custom setup. I need some accessories, and everybody knows that the accessories have dried up everywhere in the world. Currently I need replacement liners for both gloves, senior strap kits, a Fit 1 replacement cat eye cage for my F1, and of course waiting for polycarbonate knee sliders ..........

Does anyone out there have any inside info as to WHEN Warrior accessories will be back in the stores???? Goalie Monkey just got in G6 Pro + stock pads and gloves, maybe that's a good sign but I'm getting desperate!!!

Steve

Edited by CamWardFan
misspelling

8 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Honestly Steve, with the new line-ups, I don't see Warrior mass producing anymore of the old accessories, unless they are of course compliant with the G6 line. Wishing you luck man.

I'm about 90% sure the removable glove liner for the G5 and G6 are compatible. Just as the G3 and G4 were. They changed from G4->G5. 

Blocker palms and straps are compatible  for G3, GT1, G4, GT2, G5, G6. 

I'm on the look for a G5 75 degree liner myself, doesn't seem to be kicking around. I know there have been some large production issues with Warrior and some shipping issues as well. 

From what I understand, we're nearing the end of the problem for gear to start showing up, but obviously shit is still absent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Honestly Steve, with the new line-ups, I don't see Warrior mass producing anymore of the old accessories, unless they are of course compliant with the G6 line. Wishing you luck man.

I totally agree and just looking for compatible G6 items. I'm assuming the mask cage will not change as I've had to switch back to the certified one I got with the mask originally from the cat eye which I prefer.  My  ophthalmologist is happy anyways, he hated my cat eye :). Thanks for the feedback!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm about 90% sure the removable glove liner for the G5 and G6 are compatible. Just as the G3 and G4 were. They changed from G4->G5. 

Blocker palms and straps are compatible  for G3, GT1, G4, GT2, G5, G6. 

I'm on the look for a G5 75 degree liner myself, doesn't seem to be kicking around. I know there have been some large production issues with Warrior and some shipping issues as well. 

From what I understand, we're nearing the end of the problem for gear to start showing up, but obviously shit is still absent. 

Thanks for the feedback!! I'd be happy with the G6 items, I agree they will likely work. I thought that this forum was maybe monitored by someone from Warrior who might give us a timeline on what to expect, but maybe not. Seeing the G6 Pro + stock items today at GoalieMonkey got me hopeful..............

51 minutes ago, CamWardFan said:

Thanks for the feedback!! I'd be happy with the G6 items, I agree they will likely work. I thought that this forum was maybe monitored by someone from Warrior who might give us a timeline on what to expect, but maybe not. Seeing the G6 Pro + stock items today at GoalieMonkey got me hopeful..............

Kirk Allen, Warrior's product manager, used to visit these boards. His last visit was a year and a half ago. 

@Kirk3190

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If anyone's in Canada looking I scooped up (finally!) a replacement liner for my G4 catcher on Hockey Monkey. Looks like they're just doing G6 stuff now.

https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/search?q=warrior+liner

My LHS has G4 and G5 strap kits in stock as well:

https://sourcelondon.com/collections/goalie-accessories/products/warrior-g4-strap-kit

https://sourcelondon.com/collections/goalie-accessories/products/warrior-g5-elastic-strap-kit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indykrap said:

If anyone's in Canada looking I scooped up (finally!) a replacement liner for my G4 catcher on Hockey Monkey. Looks like they're just doing G6 stuff now.

https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/search?q=warrior+liner

My LHS has G4 and G5 strap kits in stock as well:

https://sourcelondon.com/collections/goalie-accessories/products/warrior-g4-strap-kit

https://sourcelondon.com/collections/goalie-accessories/products/warrior-g5-elastic-strap-kit

Their turn around time on orders leaves a bit to be desired. 

I put in an order last Thursday and it's still in the processing stage. 

• Like 1

I thought I'd get a chance to try different angles on Warrior and bought a -50% G3 liner in 90 degree. My G4 has 75 degree.

But as you can see from the crappy gif animation, they are the same except for minor details on stiching etc. Strapping is in a different angle too but I don't think that makes any significant difference to the feel.

I am disappointed. The G3 liners are sold out but I might still find some G4 in 60 degree or 90 degree to make a comparison between these to see what is going on...

Warrior_palm.gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

I thought I'd get a chance to try different angles on Warrior and bought a -50% G3 liner in 90 degree. My G4 has 75 degree.

But as you can see from the crappy gif animation, they are the same except for minor details on stiching etc. Strapping is in a different angle too but I don't think that makes any significant difference to the feel.

I am disappointed. The G3 liners are sold out but I might still find some G4 in 60 degree or 90 degree to make a comparison between these to see what is going on...

That's a bummer. I'd heard that too - I think Hockey Reviews mentioned this was similar with the G5 liners. I do need a new one anyways since I've had mine for about four years now so I'll probably keep my order, but that's good to know to lighten expectations of suddenly having a 580 glove, hah.

Following up - my G6 90 degree liner just showed up today (ordered it last Thursday from Hockey Monkey Canada). Just put it in, so no game experience yet, but it definitely feels "beefier" than my G4 Pro. There are two removable foam pieces for a practice palm and one in the wrist that I think supports the "cover edge" by pushing your glove out. I can definitely say it feels a bit better and more natural than how my 75 degree felt, but will confirm with a proper testing!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:14 PM, indykrap said:

Following up - my G6 90 degree liner just showed up today (ordered it last Thursday from Hockey Monkey Canada). Just put it in, so no game experience yet, but it definitely feels "beefier" than my G4 Pro. There are two removable foam pieces for a practice palm and one in the wrist that I think supports the "cover edge" by pushing your glove out. I can definitely say it feels a bit better and more natural than how my 75 degree felt, but will confirm with a proper testing!

Following up the follow up: Used it in a double header on Sunday night - definitely felt different and more comfortable in my hand, and made a few glove saves that felt really good and more natural. I would attribute this partially to the glove liner, but also to the new materials/cover edge making it more comfortable. Also had some coaching last week (with the old liner in) so a good tune up on that mechanic. Also felt good playing the puck with the different angle of my hand.

Worth a shot, honestly! Gives my G4 a bit more life in it instead of going for a new glove.

• Thanks 1