Brians optik trapper

Finland??Perkele

So...

Brian’s does their own thing more than anyone else. Can’t perfect qualify them as 580, 590, and 600

to their credit, I know other companies in the industry really respect their gloves. 

GNetik is sorta betewn 580 & 590 (bottom set of the images below)

SZ is sorta between 590 & 600

Optik lets you break it over “overlap” which is GNetik or “on break” which is SZ (top set of the images below)

This is confusing to me too. So you mean the glove can break either way, depending on the movement of your hand? ie: if you like the SZ closure, just move your hand like it's in a SZ, and it will break that way. And if you prefer Gnetik closure, then move your hand like it's in a Gnetik, and it will close like that. Do I understand this correctly?

Slightly off topic, but I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that the whole 'X degree break' glove designation initially came from Koho/Reebok/CCM but was initially meant to correspond to the angle of your arm in holding the glove - i.e. the 590 would be ideal for glove positioning where your arm was at 60 degrees, whilst the 580 was best suited to 90 degrees etc. Not sure how true that is...

9 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Slightly off topic, but I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that the whole 'X degree break' glove designation initially came from Koho/Reebok/CCM but was initially meant to correspond to the angle of your arm in holding the glove - i.e. the 590 would be ideal for glove positioning where your arm was at 60 degrees, whilst the 580 was best suited to 90 degrees etc. Not sure how true that is...

Rauce I remember some initial marketing around hand positioning too,   But not specifics. 

Its today’s reality, it’s about feel. What feels most comfortable and your hand and what do you catch the most pucks with? 

If your in the fence, maybe some the technical point could come in...

580 shows bigger than 590

590 is better for playing the puck than 580, etc etc 

Archived