Glove Loops Hack

seagoal

Gonna try this out.  Pretty happy with the feel at home.

Having trouble with my new Bauer glove not feeling tight and one reason was the thumb and pinky loops coming loose too easily. 

Simple hack with slider clasps that will allow some adjustments but will stay tight once set.

20230521_154435.jpg

20230521_154507.jpg

20230521_154545.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I think it's pretty cool.   I spend FOREVER trying to get these right, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. 

It's so simple.  Surprised it hasn't been done before by a gear company,  honestly .

I got the 4 for $10 at a fabric store.

I like the idea.  I can't tie knots for S#%$, never have really gained that skill.  But recently found these tails that were previously untouched on my Vaughn glove, and finally tightening them has made a WORLD of difference in the feel and responsiveness of the glove.  Never had anyone teach me that there were adjustments to be made there, before.  My first glove was just dialed in right by previous owner i guess, that I never had need to mess with it.  Currently have some semblance of a knot, or maybe a tangle, but it has held for a few games at least.  But the slider is a good thought, IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TDS-MN said:

I like the idea.  I can't tie knots for S#%$, never have really gained that skill.  But recently found these tails that were previously untouched on my Vaughn glove, and finally tightening them has made a WORLD of difference in the feel and responsiveness of the glove.  Never had anyone teach me that there were adjustments to be made there, before.  My first glove was just dialed in right by previous owner i guess, that I never had need to mess with it.  Currently have some semblance of a knot, or maybe a tangle, but it has held for a few games at least.  But the slider is a good thought, IMO.

Give it a try. It worked great and felt amazing.  

I really love this glove now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is so easy add-on that it beats out the knots. 

For me though, I love the loops and the contact they make to the glove. Best thumb loops ever are on Vaughn when they had 3 straps and the loop was almost as long as my thumb.

And for those who make knots and are happy with that, like me. Just make one knot per strap and don't even try to knot the straps together. Trick to get them right is check first the right fit, then pull the strap out and make a knot about where you had the right fit. Notice that the materials where the straps come through are not fixed so you have to push them in as if you had your finger pulling the loop.

Those clasps just sound so easy! But I wanna stay old school and make knots 😆

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...