Armadilla Helmet from the 90's

Ace5027

I have a used Armadilla helmet that I would like to sell.  I have no idea what these things are worth.  Mine needs some paint and clip work but is in decent shape.  I am asking $2000 CAD or best offer.

You can see a little paint chip on the chin but that can be fixed with a new paint job.

20230527_122158.jpg

20230527_122202.jpg

20230527_122211.jpg

20230527_122232.jpg

20230527_122239.jpg

Edited by Ace5027
further knowledge
  • Like 1

My own beloved Anrmadilla.  Custom paint and fit signed by Don.  Went to his shop in Cambridge a couple of times.  Guy is an engineering genius who was way ahead of the curve. For those who don't know, he got out of hockey and brought many of his brilliant ideas to Nascar.  
To this day he's the only manufacturer I know who put a rubber u-channel around the mask edge.  I have put this on all my masks since then.  

*Note the cozy flannel lining in the custom mask bags he also made.  Guy was a perfectionist. 

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1773.jpeg

Edited by Dee
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry @Ace5027 your last post accidentally got flagged as spam...

@MangoRhinehart your response from Ace was supposed to read "Who needs a house?  LOL...good luck with your home purchase. Any takers for this helmet?   Willing to listen to reasonable offers. ... "

This is what happens when you leave upkeep of the BB to your minions

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry @Ace5027 your last post accidentally got flagged as spam...

@MangoRhinehart your response from Ace was supposed to read "Who needs a house?  LOL...good luck with your home purchase. Any takers for this helmet?   Willing to listen to reasonable offers. ... "

56 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

This is what happens when you leave upkeep of the BB to your minions

I restored the post and removed any/all flags on Ace. Please ban me if I've overstepped.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:18 PM, Dee said:

My own beloved Anrmadilla.  Custom paint and fit signed by Don.  Went to his shop in Cambridge a couple of times.  Guy is an engineering genius who was way ahead of the curve. For those who don't know, he got out of hockey and brought many of his brilliant ideas to Nascar.  
To this day he's the only manufacturer I know who put a rubber u-channel around the mask edge.  I have put this on all my masks since then.  

*Note the cozy flannel lining in the custom mask bags he also made.  Guy was a perfectionist. 

I also have the flannel bag that looks exactly like this.  Might need to give it a wash but it is in tact also.  Thanks for posting.

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1773.jpeg