Reebok 8k

A.YOUNGoalie13

Does anyone know what closure the reebok 8k has? I found one that matches my gear and I kinda want to try it because it looks like my old koho 585 which was the best glove I ever had.

For reference, the 8k I’m looking at:

EBE4BDF1-FE7D-4EE7-B34A-0CD4E2F43263.jpeg

944D09BF-C7E2-4382-A628-2AB4BC617BD1.jpeg

And this is my old koho in the bottom left of this picture:

FF82A206-A0B0-4588-885F-FCE5336314BC.jpeg

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

These came out before Eflex (600) and 580 break was kinda buried for a while.  Definitely a 590 break

Anything Reebok was pretty much 590 aside from some special made pro stuff. 

Anyone else remember the hype around the pro spec only rbk/ccm glove that just turned out to be the 600? 

Just an fyi the 8k was not a pro model.  It was 6k for the lowest senior model and 8k was a step up.  The 6k felt like cardboard and may have been okay for ball hockey.  I'm sure the 8k may have been okay for inline but they had a pro model on top of all that that would have been much more appropriate for ice.  I used 6k pads for inline and they only lasted because I had slide plates on them.  They did turn into Vaughn pads after a few years.  So squishy.  Hope everthing works out.

5 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Just an fyi the 8k was not a pro model.  It was 6k for the lowest senior model and 8k was a step up.  The 6k felt like cardboard and may have been okay for ball hockey.  I'm sure the 8k may have been okay for inline but they had a pro model on top of all that that would have been much more appropriate for ice.  I used 6k pads for inline and they only lasted because I had slide plates on them.  They did turn into Vaughn pads after a few years.  So squishy.  Hope everthing works out.

All of the lines are designed for ice?…

7 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Ok, RBK 8K is 15 years old model so I guess there might be something newer and shinier options. But not everyone needs a pro glove and pro glove is not only option if you play ice hockey. His old Koho glove looks like similar to RBK 6K (printed graphics) so 8K should be more than enough. 

If I remember correctly this was the first time when there was three different price points. And 8K should be "like a pro model but made in Asia". It wasn't but it was way better than 6K. 

But why there is a brand new old stock glove for sale? I bet it is really stiff.

Yes in theory all the lines were for ice hockey, but you would have gotten hurt wearing 6k gloves playing ice.  I got hurt with them playing inline.  The 8k's were definitely a step up.  It just probably won't compare to today's senior non-pro models.  This was when everything was going to China and the quality was hit or miss.  And yes it's the first time there were 3 price points for senior models.  At one point, there were two lower models, a China pro model and a Canadian pro model, so you had 4 options at one point I think.  The next line to come out was the 7k, 9k, and pro models.