2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

But that doesn't mean yellow doesn't look good with red with a flaming C for the Flames :)

It might! Sorry my friend, I just can't get on board with the yellow and red. Red with blue and/or white or on its own looks good but the yellow just doesn't do it for me😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, froese said:

It might! Sorry my friend, I just can't get on board with the yellow and red. Red with blue and/or white or on its own looks good but the yellow just doesn't do it for me😁

Fair enough.  Pure curiosity in good faith: why do you hate the Flames so much? What's the story?

19 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Fair enough.  Pure curiosity in good faith: why do you hate the Flames so much? What's the story?

A fair question! I'm from Winnipeg, which I'm guessing is enough said? If not I can elaborate, haha. Huge Jerome Iginla fan, though. Broke onto the scene and was pivotal in our Salt Lake City gold medal, and obviously played a critical role in the Golden Goal in Vancouver. You wouldn't happen to be American, now would you? 😁

Sorry, that probably still hurts a little 😀

34 minutes ago, froese said:

A fair question! I'm from Winnipeg, which I'm guessing is enough said? If not I can elaborate, haha. Huge Jerome Iginla fan, though. Broke onto the scene and was pivotal in our Salt Lake City gold medal, and obviously played a critical role in the Golden Goal in Vancouver. You wouldn't happen to be American, now would you? 😁

Sorry, that probably still hurts a little 😀

Haha, I am American.  It's all good.  I never got hooked on good guy/bad guy us/them stuff in sports.  It just doesn't register with me.  I get yelled at every game I go to for saying "nice save!" at opposing goalies or clapping for good goals on my team. 

Can't say I every really hated, or loved for that matter, a sports team in this way.  

I get it though. Sports psychology is fascinating. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Haha, I am American.  It's all good.  I never got hooked on good guy/bad guy us/them stuff in sports.  It just doesn't register with me.  I get yelled at every game I go to for saying "nice save!" at opposing goalies or clapping for good good on my team. 

Can't say I every really hated, or loved for that matter, a sports team in this way.  

I get it though. Sports psychology is fascinating. 

Interesting! I guess that's the great thing about sports, everyone can appreciate and enjoy them in their own way 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Indeed my friend.

Back on topic,  here's LB with his sharp looking gray gear

Screenshot_20231009_174243_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231009_174258_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231009_174314_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm obviously biased but these look pretty sweet. Watched a full game in preseason when he was wearing them. Our new 7 year extended former Vezina winner still rocking his incredibly basic set 😂

32 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Screenshot_20231009_174924_Samsung Internet.jpg

Has anyone else noticed the frequency with which most goaltenders rest on their blocker-side knee? They also seem to get up with their glove-side leg after the whistle. It seems very asymmetrical. I wonder if some of these guys will have hip issues on that blocker-side leg in the future. Hip issues seem to be more prevalent nowadays anyway and at a younger age than before. I wonder if this type of habit will exacerbate it. 

42 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Has anyone else noticed the frequency with which most goaltenders rest on their blocker-side knee? They also seem to get up with their glove-side leg after the whistle. It seems very asymmetrical. I wonder if some of these guys will have hip issues on that blocker-side leg in the future. Hip issues seem to be more prevalent nowadays anyway and at a younger age than before. I wonder if this type of habit will exacerbate it. 

Hmm. Good question. 

I wonder if it's a dominant side thing.  Most lefties kneel left, righties kneel right? 

I'd always kneel right as a righty. 

@southpawtendy48

@A.YOUNGoalie13

@Fullright

?

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Hmm. Good question. 

I wonder if it's a dominant side thing.  Most lefties kneel left, righties kneel right? 

I'd always kneel right as a righty. 

@southpawtendy48

@A.YOUNGoalie13

@Fullright

?

You get up more with your glove leg because when you train you have to get up and follow rebounds to your blocker side whereas most glove shots you don’t have to get up and recover. The legs and hips will be unbalanced because of that alone. I get up with my right leg way more in practice

• Like 1

I do the same as coop kneel on my left leg and lean on my stick it’s just more comfortable then kneeling on my right. Now I do get up with my right leg more than my left because it’s my strong leg, unless of course I have to move to my right side then I will get up with my left.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

Fun trivia tonight that all dressed goalies for the Blackhawks at Penguins game are in Vaughn. I can't think of another tandem in the league that's all Vaughn.

They had Mrazek and Stalock last year that was all Vaughn. Soderblom looks to have recently switched to Vaughn as he was in True last year.